fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Pass the exam at first attempt (10/28/2021)! AT/AT/AT!

Pass the exam at first attempt (10/28/2021)! AT/AT/AT! 2 years 5 months ago #28552

• Sherry Li
  • Sherry Li's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the forum and those who contribute. I just pass the in-person PMP exam today. It is a huge relief. Looking back, I would like to pass on few things that I learned through this journey.

1. Schedule the exam first and it will help you concentrate
I work full time with busy schedules. I took me ~ 3 months to read Rita (10th edition) cover to cover. I wasn’t able to get into the routine of study until I scheduled the exam. Although I didn’t exactly know when I could be ready, I scheduled the exam ~1.5 month ahead and forced myself to get it done.
2. PrepCast simulator is a MUST to have
It is a good quality product and is worth the money! The situational questions are very similar to the real exam questions. I highly recommend to focus on the simulator questions instead of reading the books by itself. PRACTICE! PRACTICE! AND PRACTICE until you can answer the questions intuitively! The explanation of the question is very thorough and help me understand the key concepts better. I finished 77% of the questions and did 4 mock exams in the last 14 days : 77%, 84%, 83% and 85%. My time is running out in the end. I only reviewed the questions that I answered wrong.
3. Be mentally ready with possible situations during the exam and come up with a strategy to deal with your own emotions
I am way over my targeted time to finish the first section of the exam (20 mins slower). I have a hard time to get into the “exam mode”. I am not sure why. Maybe it is a just environment change. I read the questions a couple of times. While the clock is kicking, I get nervous and start to have doubt... The take home message is that it is OK to have negative thoughts as far as you can control it. Believe in yourself and Don’t give up!!

Wish you all good luck!

Sherry

Pass the exam at first attempt (10/28/2021)! AT/AT/AT! 2 years 5 months ago #28553

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Sherry,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Pass the exam at first attempt (10/28/2021)! AT/AT/AT! 2 years 5 months ago #28649

• Laia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi! I totally agree with you, focusing in the books is a wrong strategy. I think it is very helpful to have a good read on them, but to prepare the exam the best is the simulator.

Pass the exam at first attempt (10/28/2021)! AT/AT/AT! 2 years 5 months ago #28650

• Laia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi! I totally agree with you, focusing in the books is a wrong strategy. I think it is very helpful to have a good read on them, but to prepare the exam the best is the simulator.

Pass the exam at first attempt (10/28/2021)! AT/AT/AT! 2 years 5 months ago #28651

• Laia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Pass the exam at first attempt (10/28/2021)! AT/AT/AT! 2 years 5 months ago #28652

• Laia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Pass the exam at first attempt (10/28/2021)! AT/AT/AT! 2 years 5 months ago #28653

• Laia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login