fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP EXAM 3AT's - May 31st (test center)

Passed PMP EXAM 3AT's - May 31st (test center) 2 years 10 months ago #27513

• Cheryl Malana
  • Cheryl Malana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
YAAAY I'm happy to say that I passed today with 3AT's and wanted to share my experience as reading others has been extremely helpful in my study preparation and understand what to expect at the testing center.
On March 19th I passed PSMI and March 31st PSPOI – taking these certifications assisted with the AGILE mindset for the PMP.
PMP Resources:
  • Udemy Joseph Phillips Exam Prep
  • PMBOK and Agile Guide
  • Shiv Shenoy's Last Mile Prep Program - Mind Maps
  • Udemy Joseph Phillips Exam Cram Session
  • Scrum Guide, Agile Manifesto and Prinsiples
  • PMPrepCast Exam Simulator – this is a must for all aspirants
Study Preparation:
  • 1st Round by Chapter/Knowledge Area Udemy Joseph Phillips Exam Prep 1.5x speed , PMBOK ,Shiv Shenoy’s 2x speed and Read Agile Guide took 10-30 question quizzes each KA – this took 3 weeks 5-6 hours every night and weekends as I have a full time job and 2 little one doing remote learning
  • Simulator Exam 1 66% - spent the next day reviewing my answers right and wrong
  • 2nd Round by Chapter/Knowledge Area Udemy Joseph Phillips Exam prep listened 2xspeed, I couldn’t read the PMBOK again (it was painful the first time lol) instead I went over Shiv Shenoy's - Mind Maps (highly recommend the mind map in replacement for the PMBOK) and Read Agile Guide took 10-30 question quizzes each KA – 1.5 weeks 4-5 hours every night and weekends
  • Simulator Exam 2 81% - spent the next day reviewing answers, reviewed statistics to see which Domain and KA I would need to focus on
  • OK I must admit I started slacking in my study habits – did a quick review of the KA that I needed to focus on took 10-30 question quizzes – 1 week
  • Simulator Exam 3 85% - but exam ended unexpectedly at question 86 so I took comfort in knowing that I was trending in the 80’s
  • Simulator Exam 4 (May29th) 81% - spent the next day reviewing my marked and wrong answers only, read Scrum Guide, Agile Manifesto and Principles and JP Udemy Cram session for Integration, Resource, Risk, Communication and Stakeholder Scheduled ExamTook the advice of many where it’s best to take exam within 6-8week preparation. This week prior to Exam4 I took Joseph Philips Exam Cram 2xspeed as a refresher and read through Shiv’s Mind Maps (I am not a note taker so for those that are like me – this is a great resource) read Scrum Guide, Agile Manifesto and Principles.

• Morning of – read Scrum Guide, Agile Manifesto and Principles and JP Udemy Cram session Memory Sheet
Bare with me I know it's starting to be a story...

Testing Center experience and Exam Day:
I choose testing center to ensure no interruptions with internet connection or with my kids remote learning. Arrived 30min before as recommended, check in went smoothly - I was extremely nervous and anxious going into the exam which resulted in poor time management answered first 60 in 86min, went for break tried clearing my head and not worrying about the time remaining next 60 questions completed in 77 min which left me with 67 for the last 60. I hardly marked any questions or had any time to review them. I dreaded looking at the screen was not sure what to expect but when I read Congratulations then receiving print out of 3AT's the sense of accomplishment and late nights was all worth it!
As mentioned in previous posts, questions were ambiguous had a few questions on cost but did not use calculator roughly about 6-8 drag and drop. Understanding the processes and concept of servant leader/emotional intelligence is key.
Lastly, the best resource that assisted in my preparation is PMPrepCast Simulator from the detailed explanation, breakdown of Domain/KA for each quiz/exam and 'My statistics' for complete overview helped tremendously in passing the PMP Exam. I can not thank PMPrepCast enough for this resource. THANK YOU!

Good luck everyone, if I can do it so can you!
Last edit: by Cheryl Malana.

Passed PMP EXAM 3AT's - May 31st (test center) 2 years 10 months ago #27514

• Ganesha Nayak
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Cheryl,
Thanks a lot for sharing useful tips to all PMP aspirants. I feel, your study plans were awesome and now you are seeing the by product of your hard work and consistent effort. Please do share such tips as and when you recall any of the tips which missed to add in your first post. Thanks again.

Passed PMP EXAM 3AT's - May 31st (test center) 2 years 10 months ago #27526

• Filmon Mahari Gebre
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
You finished the first 60 questions in 86 minutes. Does the system close for the first 60 questions at 75 minutes or not ?

Passed PMP EXAM 3AT's - May 31st (test center) 2 years 10 months ago #27534

• John Bickel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Answer your question, no it ask you if you want to take a break when you hit the 60 questions and not by any time. I only say that because it did what I said when I hit 60 questions.

[email protected] 2 years 10 months ago #27556

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
No the timer will continue till you finish your first 60 questions, then a prompt message asks if you want to take the 10min break or not.

Good luck

[email protected] 2 years 10 months ago #27557

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Filmon,

Apologies for the delayed response. As John mentioned, it does not. The system asks after each 60 question if you would like to take a break or keep going.

[email protected] 2 years 10 months ago #27558

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Ganesha!
To reiterate, strongly suggest taking the exam within 6-8 weeks if you can. As you can see from my previous post I started to slack with my study habits. Good luck!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login