fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed with 5 AT's on first attempt

Passed with 5 AT's on first attempt 3 years 3 months ago #24981

• Stacey Mazak
  • Stacey Mazak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I want to offer advice and encouragement for everyone studying for the PMP. My experience is that the actual exam was like an extension of the PMP Exam Simulator. I highly recommend using the Simulator after your study program and in the weeks leading up to the exam. I will list my strategy below which also came from feedback in this forum.
• Completed a study program
• Took note of what I missed on the final exams in the study program
• Reviewed the videos for the areas where I needed improvement
• Kept taking the various tests and quizzes
• Created flashcards for the process groups and also wrote outputs and T&T on them (I did not focus on inputs)
• Created a brain dump sheet of formulas and wrote them down every day
• I decided to take the exam in a test center as I thought I would need the hand written brain dump and sheet to work out the calculations along with the physical calculator.
• Turned out I didn't need to use the paper for the EV calculations, just for the basic network diagrams which I could have done on the virtual whiteboard if taking at home
• I signed up for the simulator 3 weeks from my test date which I believe took me to the next level in my understanding

Passed with 5 AT's on first attempt 3 years 3 months ago #24982

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Stacey! Thanks for coming back and sharing your success with us.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login