fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam Via Online Proctored Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam Via Online Proctored Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #23330

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, Christine!

Thank you for sharing your journey.
3 years 7 months ago #23327

Christine S.

's Avatar

Finally, I took and passed the PMP Exam on Aug 25 on 1st attempt!

Before I was able to schedule my exam last Aug 25, I had to schedule it 2 times (Apr 27 & May 18) due to the unavailability of test centers in our area. When it seems impossible to take the exam in test center, I opted to take it via online. Set the schedule on Aug 17.

Then came exam day, I encountered an issue during check-in process wherein the OnVue can't detect my internet speed. I wasn't able to proceed with the exam because I have to complete the check-in process. This resulted to lapse my exam time, thereby auto-cancelling it. I immediately sent an email to PMI and PearsonVue about the issue. I found out that there's a chat functionality in the site which I used to contact an agent, and discussed with him my predicament. The agent created a case for the issue, and told me to wait for 3-5 business days for their resolution. Until then, I can't reschedule my exam. This is really frustrating for me. But then, I realized I don't have to waste worrying about it, instead I focused my energy to continue studying. After 2 days of follow-up, I was allowed to reschedule my exam. I decided to try again via online because of Covid19 situation.
I set it on Aug 25. The online exam went well the 2nd time around. After the 1st online experience, I did the system requirements test everyday until Aug 25 to make sure that it won't happen again..

I used the PM PrepCast exam simulator extensively. I answered all questions in the question bank, as learning or timed quiz, or as exam. I completed all the 8 exams with the following scores: 82.5%, 85.5%, 80.5%, 79.5%, 77.5%, 81%, 78.5%, 73.8%. It greatly helped me understand the PM concepts in the PMBOK Guide because of the scenarios used in the simulator. I always review the wrong answers, and go back to PMBOK to fill-in the gaps.

I memorized some Cost formulas and when/how each is used. I also practiced the online whiteboard to draw network diagrams and write the formulas.

It was a long journey, but it's worth it!

Best of luck to the aspirant PMP takers....

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login