fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam Via Online Proctored Exam

Passed PMP Exam Via Online Proctored Exam 3 years 6 months ago #23327

• Christine S.
  • Christine S.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Finally, I took and passed the PMP Exam on Aug 25 on 1st attempt!

Before I was able to schedule my exam last Aug 25, I had to schedule it 2 times (Apr 27 & May 18) due to the unavailability of test centers in our area. When it seems impossible to take the exam in test center, I opted to take it via online. Set the schedule on Aug 17.

Then came exam day, I encountered an issue during check-in process wherein the OnVue can't detect my internet speed. I wasn't able to proceed with the exam because I have to complete the check-in process. This resulted to lapse my exam time, thereby auto-cancelling it. I immediately sent an email to PMI and PearsonVue about the issue. I found out that there's a chat functionality in the site which I used to contact an agent, and discussed with him my predicament. The agent created a case for the issue, and told me to wait for 3-5 business days for their resolution. Until then, I can't reschedule my exam. This is really frustrating for me. But then, I realized I don't have to waste worrying about it, instead I focused my energy to continue studying. After 2 days of follow-up, I was allowed to reschedule my exam. I decided to try again via online because of Covid19 situation.
I set it on Aug 25. The online exam went well the 2nd time around. After the 1st online experience, I did the system requirements test everyday until Aug 25 to make sure that it won't happen again..

I used the PM PrepCast exam simulator extensively. I answered all questions in the question bank, as learning or timed quiz, or as exam. I completed all the 8 exams with the following scores: 82.5%, 85.5%, 80.5%, 79.5%, 77.5%, 81%, 78.5%, 73.8%. It greatly helped me understand the PM concepts in the PMBOK Guide because of the scenarios used in the simulator. I always review the wrong answers, and go back to PMBOK to fill-in the gaps.

I memorized some Cost formulas and when/how each is used. I also practiced the online whiteboard to draw network diagrams and write the formulas.

It was a long journey, but it's worth it!

Best of luck to the aspirant PMP takers....

Passed PMP Exam Via Online Proctored Exam 3 years 6 months ago #23330

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Congratulations, Christine!

Thank you for sharing your journey.
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login