fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam at first attempt, at Tokyo Japan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam at first attempt, at Tokyo Japan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23252

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Khwaja Naweed,

Congratulations on your great achievement!

Thank you for sharing your journey.
3 years 6 months ago #23247

KHWAJA NAWEED SIDDIQI

Dear friends!

I will try to keep this as simple as possible so it will be easy for everyone to understand my feed back.

study materials :
1. The Project Management PrepCast for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam) :
I downloaded these videos in my Phone and listened to them while i was commuting to my work. In total I could study all videos two times.
please keep in mind that I'm using one hour train to get to office. So I was actively listening and watching videos.

2.PMP® Exam Simulator™:
without PMP® Exam Simulator™ passing the exam at first attempt will be very challenging .
so first I practiced 20 questions per test session and I reviewed all the questions on PMP® Exam Simulator™.
Then , few weeks before exam every sunday I did a full exam package just like real exam and i finished all the exams in PMP® Exam Simulator™
my scores started from 65% and it went up all the way to 90% .

3. PMBOK ® Guide – Sixth Edition - PMI:
After watching one or two videos of PrepCast I was studying the same topic in PMBOK. and I studied PMBOK twice

4. PMP Rita Mulcahy 9th edition :
studied this book twice and it was a great help.

Actual Exam Day:
first of all I was not feeling ready at all but I did it anyway and passed in first attempt :)
when I took my exam Tokyo was in partial lockdown due to corona issues so exam center rules was very strict.
we had to keep our face masks on from the point I entered the exam center until left the exam center.
I was very nervous so I cut my finger in exam center locker room while I was trying to lock my stuff in locker.
My finger started bleeding badly so I got kind of panic , but luckily the exam center staff were kind enough to bring the first AID box and help me.
I would say 90% of exam questions were situational and real life problems that need experience and knowledge to answer.
during the exam every hour I took 5 to 10 minutes break to clam myself down and focus .
at the end I had no time to review my questions but luckily I passed in first attempt and my score was "above the target " in most sections.

I hope my feedback help you out there .
good luck and best Regards
Siddiqi

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login