fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam at first attempt, at Tokyo Japan

Passed PMP exam at first attempt, at Tokyo Japan 3 years 7 months ago #23247

• KHWAJA NAWEED SIDDIQI
  • KHWAJA NAWEED SIDDIQI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear friends!

I will try to keep this as simple as possible so it will be easy for everyone to understand my feed back.

study materials :
1. The Project Management PrepCast for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam) :
I downloaded these videos in my Phone and listened to them while i was commuting to my work. In total I could study all videos two times.
please keep in mind that I'm using one hour train to get to office. So I was actively listening and watching videos.

2.PMP® Exam Simulator™:
without PMP® Exam Simulator™ passing the exam at first attempt will be very challenging .
so first I practiced 20 questions per test session and I reviewed all the questions on PMP® Exam Simulator™.
Then , few weeks before exam every sunday I did a full exam package just like real exam and i finished all the exams in PMP® Exam Simulator™
my scores started from 65% and it went up all the way to 90% .

3. PMBOK ® Guide – Sixth Edition - PMI:
After watching one or two videos of PrepCast I was studying the same topic in PMBOK. and I studied PMBOK twice

4. PMP Rita Mulcahy 9th edition :
studied this book twice and it was a great help.

Actual Exam Day:
first of all I was not feeling ready at all but I did it anyway and passed in first attempt :)
when I took my exam Tokyo was in partial lockdown due to corona issues so exam center rules was very strict.
we had to keep our face masks on from the point I entered the exam center until left the exam center.
I was very nervous so I cut my finger in exam center locker room while I was trying to lock my stuff in locker.
My finger started bleeding badly so I got kind of panic , but luckily the exam center staff were kind enough to bring the first AID box and help me.
I would say 90% of exam questions were situational and real life problems that need experience and knowledge to answer.
during the exam every hour I took 5 to 10 minutes break to clam myself down and focus .
at the end I had no time to review my questions but luckily I passed in first attempt and my score was "above the target " in most sections.

I hope my feedback help you out there .
good luck and best Regards
Siddiqi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Owais Alsharif

Passed PMP exam at first attempt, at Tokyo Japan 3 years 7 months ago #23252

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi Khwaja Naweed,

Congratulations on your great achievement!

Thank you for sharing your journey.
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login