fbpx

Reply: I passed the PMP exam today!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed the PMP exam today!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22455

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Thank you, Unyime, for sharing your experience.
I had a stomach upset the day of the exam, it was a bit of annoying, so I also decided not to eat anything during the break, and I understand how you felt. In the end, I realized I was just (too) anxious for the exam, and I hope you feel better now!

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam!

Gabriella
3 years 8 months ago #22454

Unyime

's Avatar

Hi Vishar,

I'll recommend that you firstly go and read the PMBOK glossary thoroughly! Printout the front pages of all the processes and pin them to your wall or possibly have them spiral binded. Understand the ITTO's and how they flow. Most importantly, use the prepcast simulator! It is the best out there as it helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses areas. Prepcast made me realize that I was weak in "closing" as well as in a few other knowledge areas so I spent lots of time to study it thoroughly until I really understood the concept.

During the exams, make sure you use the highlight and strike through function for questions that you struggle with, flag then and review them later! I read the PMBOK over and over again. Eat very well because it is brain sapping!! PMP exams isn't easy!!
3 years 8 months ago #22452

Viswa Kathir

Congrats!!! Celebrate the joy of success.

And a tip for me, please.
I have booked my test on Aug 7th. I went through PMBOK once and did a couple of mocks. My score is about 65-70
Every day, I'm practicing Mock. What should I concentrate much? Please share your lessons learned

Rgds,
Viswa
3 years 8 months ago #22450

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar

Congratulations Unyime! Well done for doing the exam despite the stomach bug.
3 years 8 months ago #22449

Unyime

's Avatar

Yes I am. Honestly, prepcast was the saviour because after each simulator, I was able to identify knowledge gaps. Sometimes one may think that they truly understand a PM concept, but when a question dares to test in-depth understanding of that concept, the individual will suddenly realise that he/she has a knowledge gap in it. I even reviewed answer that I marked and still had correctly so that it refines my thought process.

To get BT in planning was quite surprising though, as I have never even scored target on Prepcast! I always scored AT in planning. Anyways, I'm happy I have earned the highly coveted PMP title!!
3 years 8 months ago #22446

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations! Great to hear about your success (hope you are feeling better now).

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login