fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: I passed the PMP exam today!

I passed the PMP exam today! 3 years 8 months ago #22436

• Unyime Uboho
  • Unyime Uboho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I want to thank Prepcast for the amazing simulator experience. I passed my PMP exams today. AT/BT/AT/T//BT. I am sure that I must have made many mistakes in the second half as I became very hungry and weary. I was too scared to eat during the 90 minutes break because I had a stomach bug a night before. Anyways, I used to average about 80% on Prepcast and I must confess that Prepcast seemed more difficult than the actual exams! Considering the high failure rate, this was such a huge achievement for me! Now my title reads, B.Pharm, MPH, OHS(dip), PMP! Would pursue the final certification this year and I'm done!!

I passed the PMP exam today! 3 years 8 months ago #22446

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations! Great to hear about your success (hope you are feeling better now).
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

I passed the PMP exam today! 3 years 8 months ago #22449

• Unyime
  • Unyime's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes I am. Honestly, prepcast was the saviour because after each simulator, I was able to identify knowledge gaps. Sometimes one may think that they truly understand a PM concept, but when a question dares to test in-depth understanding of that concept, the individual will suddenly realise that he/she has a knowledge gap in it. I even reviewed answer that I marked and still had correctly so that it refines my thought process.

To get BT in planning was quite surprising though, as I have never even scored target on Prepcast! I always scored AT in planning. Anyways, I'm happy I have earned the highly coveted PMP title!!

I passed the PMP exam today! 3 years 8 months ago #22450

• Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP
  • Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
Congratulations Unyime! Well done for doing the exam despite the stomach bug.
Eric Wanyutu

I passed the PMP exam today! 3 years 8 months ago #22452

• Viswa Kathir
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Congrats!!! Celebrate the joy of success.

And a tip for me, please.
I have booked my test on Aug 7th. I went through PMBOK once and did a couple of mocks. My score is about 65-70
Every day, I'm practicing Mock. What should I concentrate much? Please share your lessons learned

Rgds,
Viswa

I passed the PMP exam today! 3 years 8 months ago #22454

• Unyime
  • Unyime's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Vishar,

I'll recommend that you firstly go and read the PMBOK glossary thoroughly! Printout the front pages of all the processes and pin them to your wall or possibly have them spiral binded. Understand the ITTO's and how they flow. Most importantly, use the prepcast simulator! It is the best out there as it helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses areas. Prepcast made me realize that I was weak in "closing" as well as in a few other knowledge areas so I spent lots of time to study it thoroughly until I really understood the concept.

During the exams, make sure you use the highlight and strike through function for questions that you struggle with, flag then and review them later! I read the PMBOK over and over again. Eat very well because it is brain sapping!! PMP exams isn't easy!!

I passed the PMP exam today! 3 years 8 months ago #22455

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Thank you, Unyime, for sharing your experience.
I had a stomach upset the day of the exam, it was a bit of annoying, so I also decided not to eat anything during the break, and I understand how you felt. In the end, I realized I was just (too) anxious for the exam, and I hope you feel better now!

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam!

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login