fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Shakeholder question from PMI PMP Mock exam

Shakeholder question from PMI PMP Mock exam 3 years 8 months ago #22328

• Pang Wai Chuen, PMP
  • Pang Wai Chuen, PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Can anyone help to explain why the answer is to update Stakeholder engagement plan but not stakeholder register?
Attachments:
Last edit: by Pang Wai Chuen, PMP. Reason: uploaded screen cap

Shakeholder question from PMI PMP Mock exam 3 years 8 months ago #22329

• Devin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
PMBOK (pg. 518): "The stakeholder engagement plan is updated regularly to reflect changes to the stakeholder community. Typical trigger situations requiring updates to the plan include but are not limited to:"
  • "When new individuals or groups become stakeholders, current stakeholders are no longer part of the stakeholder community, or the importance of particular stakeholders to the project’s success changes"

This is a great PMP exam question because we can get "trapped". Just because a stakeholder involvement is lessened due to sickness wouldn't require an update to the stakeholder register which typically includes power/influence, location, title, current and desired project support. None of this is updated because of an illness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP

Shakeholder question from PMI PMP Mock exam 3 years 8 months ago #22332

• Pang Wai Chuen, PMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Devin

Shakeholder question from PMI PMP Mock exam 3 years 8 months ago #22358

• Pang Wai Chuen, PMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Devin,

Should shakeholder engagement plan have most latest list of shakeholder? got another tricky one. Communication Management Plan vs Stakeholder Engagement Plan.

Regards
Attachments:

Shakeholder question from PMI PMP Mock exam 3 years 8 months ago #22368

• Devin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
The Question: "A new project manager joins a project during the delivery of a critical milestone. As this has multiple stakeholders, the project manager needs to determine which stakeholders should receive information about the delivery."

The project's stakeholder register should be the complete list of stakeholders. If you look at the many of the processes, one of many of their outputs is often the stakeholder register. During the life of a project we are constantly updating, discovering and refining the register. This is an iterative process which may be initiated through other processes or simply done independently as new stakeholders are discovered (i.e. the company just hired a new VP of something and he/she is now a stakeholder). (PMBOK, pg. 505, emerging trends).

There is no questions that the stakeholder engagement plan and the communication plan are linked, but the PMBOK separates these two processes. You will notice that the stakeholder engagement plan is an INPUT to the communications plan, but not the other way around.

From PMBOK (pg. 522) The stakeholder engagement plan is a component of the project management plan that identifies the strategies and actions required to promote productive involvement of stakeholders in decision making and execution.

PMBOK (pg. 377) - The communications management plan is a component of the project management plan that describes how project communications will be planned, structured, implemented, and monitored for effectiveness.

From a high-level, the stakeholder engagement plan is about "engagement", it is after all THEIR project. The communications plan is how, when, who gets project communications. Releasing project communications can also be sensitive and so the communications plan includes releasing confidential information.

Now to the question. We are wanting to know who should get this project update that we are nearing a critical milestone (which is probably a report). This is clearly in the realm of the communications plan. That being said, how do we actually know who to send the report to? Our communications plan is probably role based and our risk register can be tailored to include project roles or information level (sensitive, weekly status, milestones, financial, vendor, end-user, etc). Thus, any "financial" reports would go to those stakeholders that needed that information (project sponsor, business office, PMO, etc).

Hope this helps.

Shakeholder question from PMI PMP Mock exam 3 years 8 months ago #22437

• Vivian Johnson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
How do I access this PMI PMP Mock Exam. I have searched all over PMI and can't find it.

Shakeholder question from PMI PMP Mock exam 3 years 8 months ago #22438

• Devin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Shakeholder question from PMI PMP Mock exam 3 years 8 months ago #22495

• Vivian Johnson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you so much!

Shakeholder question from PMI PMP Mock exam 3 years 8 months ago #22500

• Sravanthi TNS, PMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Pang Wai Chuen, What was the difficulty level you felt ,of the questions and what is your score in PMI PMP mock test?
The reason I'm asking is - Today I've attempted it and scored 67% which is very less when compared to my scores in Prepcast mock tests which were varying b/w 75% to 80%. Also, I don't see any similarity b/w the questions I see in PMI mock and prepcast simulator questions!! As per my observation, some of the questions lack clarity, ambiguous and some of the questions doesn't relate to any of the options provided!!
One such Ex: One of the questions was asking about to choose a document, but the ans. turned to be a Proj. management Plan!!
I'm trying to take this feedback just for understanding other's opinion who ever has taken this test.
Thanks in advance

Shakeholder question from PMI PMP Mock exam 1 year 8 months ago #29678

• dev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HI.
Am not able to add screenshot , but for the same question BELOW was PMI response.
Both the stakeholder register and the stakeholder engagement plan need updating. THe stakeholder register identifies all stakeholders and their involvement in the project. THe stakeholder engagement plan is updated to reflect any processes ,procedures,tools aor techniques that affect the engagement of stakeholders in project decision and execution
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login