fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE ITTO (MEMORIZED or WHAT)

HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE ITTO (MEMORIZED or WHAT) 3 years 9 months ago #22263

• Kwadwo Yeboah
  • Kwadwo Yeboah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been studying for over 2 months now and have almost everything down but the ITTO. Am always getting them wrong. I failed the my first real PMP Exams last year and now am setting for the next exams next month.
Please help me with any strategy to study and understand the ITTO.

Also any tips on how the new (COVID -ERA) Exams is? I know it is still 4 hours exams but the questions are not 200 questions I heard.
Any Ideas Please?

Thank you

HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE ITTO (MEMORIZED or WHAT) 3 years 9 months ago #22266

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Kwadwo:

With respect to ITTOs: There are very few "strict" ITTO questions on the exam along the lines of "Identify the tool or technique best applied to this." There are, however, answers on the exam ("plausible detractors") that will place the wrong ITTO in an answer; particularly inputs and outputs. The way that I learned this was to learn the "odd ones." There are many ITTOs common to all processes groups. I learned where the ones that we not commonly used fit in.

With respect to the online exam. I am under the impression it's still four hours, (though there is a mandatory break now) and 200 questions. I have not heard anything to the contrary.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwadwo Yeboah

HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE ITTO (MEMORIZED or WHAT) 3 years 9 months ago #22275

• Sarah Fucci
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Kwadwo,
For exam prep regarding the ITTO’s I had created an excel spreadsheet with all of them laid out; that made it a lot easier to see the patterns and correlations. Like Harry pointed out about the “odd ones” I also geared my focus more to learning those with which the spreadsheet also helped. On my exam I didn't have any straight forward ITTO questions asked but understanding them did help with the situational questions.

The online exam is still 4hrs and 200 questions but the break happens after 89 questions and not halfway through. You are asked if you want to review the first 89 questions since you won’t be able to go back to them in the next part of the exam. After you choose to review or not review then it will ask you if you want to take a break or continue with the exam. You can choose to take no break or a partial break. I personally took a 5-minute break and then clicked to continue the exam.
Sarah Fucci, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwadwo Yeboah

HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE ITTO (MEMORIZED or WHAT) 3 years 9 months ago #22292

• Matilda Dosunmu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Sarah,
is it possible to shear the spreadsheet with ITTO ?

Thanks

HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE ITTO (MEMORIZED or WHAT) 3 years 9 months ago #22309

• Sarah Fucci
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Matilda,

When I began to study for the PMP I asked a friend who had already passed the exam if he would share his ITTO spreadsheet with me; however, he instead recommended to me that I create one for myself because that was vital to the learning process and understanding them. I have to agree now going through it myself that it was and therefore pass that same advice on to you.

It is not difficult to create one, but the time invested in going through the PMBOK to review the ITTO’s by each Knowledge Area to input into a spreadsheet really helped me see and understand the patterns I previously mentioned. There are a few tutorials on YouTube to get you started if you search for “How to create an ITTO spreadsheet.”
Sarah Fucci, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matilda Dosunmu

HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE ITTO (MEMORIZED or WHAT) 3 years 8 months ago #22550

• Kwadwo Yeboah
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much Dr. I really appreciate your help and will do the strategy.

Thanks again,
Mr Kojo

HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE ITTO (MEMORIZED or WHAT) 3 years 8 months ago #22551

• Kwadwo Yeboah
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much Sarah. I really appreciate your help and will do the strategy. Can you share the Excel Sheet?

Thanks again,
Mr Kojo

HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE ITTO (MEMORIZED or WHAT) 3 years 8 months ago #22552

• Kwadwo Yeboah
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Sarah. I really appreciate your help. Can you please share the sheet you discuss if possible

Thanks again,
Mr Kojo

HOW DO I STUDY FOR THE ITTO (MEMORIZED or WHAT) 3 years 8 months ago #22587

• Sarah Fucci
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Mr Kojo,

As I previously mentioned part of the learning process is creating an ITTO spreadsheet for yourself. I highly recommend that for you as it will help you to see the patterns.

Good luck!
Sarah Fucci, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login