fbpx

Reply: Query regarding new PMP Exam Break (10 min) - Regarding

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Query regarding new PMP Exam Break (10 min) - Regarding

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 5 months ago #28524

Stephen

's Avatar

I left the room during my ten minute break and got disqualified. I appealed and was told to refer to the PMP rules and the FAQs before doing the exam again. It clearly states you can leave the room during you ten minute break on their website. I am so angry. I took a day off work and now have to pay to do the exam again.
3 years 3 months ago #25152

Dhadhisut

's Avatar

Could you please confirm if following is correct?

1. Break will be after submission of 89 question. It will prompt to review and submit. SO break is governed by submission of question not time you spent? Could you please confirm?
2. Also can we do a brain-dump before exam ?
3 years 3 months ago #24810

Roger Christopher Booth

So, If I do a 10 minute brain dump on the first set up questions, I am already behind. When I am prompted for a break and want to review my marked questions, how do I know how much time to spend on them? I don't want to use up all my time not knowing how long it is going to take to finish the second part of the exam. Because you cannot go back to the first exam seems to be a big disadvantage. I would rather make sure I had time to finish the full test and answer all the questions then take the remaining time to review all the marked questions. When I run out of time then it is over. I had rather run out of time reviewing all the answered questions instead of spending too much time on the first section reviewing. The problem is that it now seems like this has been taken away. I will be nervous about spending too much time reviewing the first section not knowing how long it will take me to finish the second section. Am I correct?
3 years 4 months ago #24434

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

On top of what Emily said, let me just add that — even if you decide to skip the break — you will be prompted to this option only after the first part of the exam is submitted. As such, it is not accessible anymore, and skipping the break will only lead you to immediately start the second part of the exam.

Gabriella
3 years 4 months ago #24338

Emily Grant, PMP

's Avatar

Hello — Once prompted for your break, you will be allowed to review your questions. Once the break has passed, that section of the exam can no longer be revisited. You will then only be able to review questions in the second portion after the break. Best of luck!
3 years 4 months ago #24337

KARTHE K S

and what-if i continue as such without taking break?

Will i be able to review all questions or no? i mean the first half portion ?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login