Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Query regarding new PMP Exam Break (10 min) - Regarding

Query regarding new PMP Exam Break (10 min) - Regarding 3 weeks 1 day ago #21600

• Nishanth Priyandas Vellaichamy Nagarajan
  • Nishanth Priyandas Vellaichamy Nagarajan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello All,

I'm appearing for PMP exam in about 2 weeks. I just noticed some info about new PMP exam break for 10 min half way through completion.

I have few queries on it, can someone help to clarify it. Actually I cannot get much info about it anywhere.

- Is it mandatory or optional ?

- If in case optional, do i still get chance to review all 200 questions if I don't avail it. (Since I tried few exams in PREPCAST simualator, I assume I may not need a break).

- When do I need to indicate I don't need to avail break ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nishanth

Query regarding new PMP Exam Break (10 min) - Regarding 3 weeks 1 day ago #21603

• Devin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I just took the exam a few weeks ago. Yes, there is a mandatory break - the exam will go to a "break" screen and there will be a 10:00 minute count down. I took this time to go to the restroom. One note on that, you have to go back through screening like you did when you came in, this took another 2 minutes. I was back in plenty of time.

Once you complete the first section (either the time runs out or you finish the 1st part) you cannot go back and review questions.

The software "break" is mandatory, but once the clock starts counting down, you can just resume, you don't have to take the full 10 minutes. I would suggest at least taking a 5 minute break at the workstation just to reset.

Hope this helps.

Query regarding new PMP Exam Break (10 min) - Regarding 3 weeks 1 day ago #21604

• Nishanth Priyandas Vellaichamy Nagarajan
  • Nishanth Priyandas Vellaichamy Nagarajan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Devin,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'm bit concerned and confused here.

If it's a mandatory break, assume during first half once you start exam does remaining time ( in clock) starts from 4 hours or from the break time (say 2 hours) ?

Do we get time to review questions before break screen appears or any warning before break. My concern is what if I left some questions unanswered marking for later review.

Is it the break based on time (say 2 hours) or on question count ?

Thanks once again.

Regards,
Nishanth

Query regarding new PMP Exam Break (10 min) - Regarding 3 weeks 1 day ago #21616

• Devin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Great question and let me see if I can make it more clear.

You take about 100 questions before the break and you have about 2 hours to completed that bank of questions. You can take the full two hours and mark questions, go back, etc. Once you have reviewed your questions or time runs out you get a 10 minute break before the next bank of questions starts. Once you leave that first bank, you cannot review those questions.

Then the break starts for 10:00 minutes. You then get another 100 questions or so and the appropriate amount of time.

Hope this helps.

Query regarding new PMP Exam Break (10 min) - Regarding 3 weeks 1 day ago #21619

• Astha Ganjoo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I gave the online PMP online proctored test yesterday.

The 10 minute break is not mandatory.
There is a 1-minute window to decide if you want to take the break or directly launch the next set of exam questions.
In case you don't decide within that 1-min window,it will automatically give you 10-min break.
Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emily Grant
Last edit: by Astha Ganjoo.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPMohammad Alharbi, PMP, PMI-ACPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on July 18/19 for just $199. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...