fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Need help with Risk response Question....

Need help with Risk response Question.... 3 years 10 months ago #21422

• Pierre Paris
  • Pierre Paris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
1. A project risk budget was approved by considering high impact risk/ high potential risk. During execution, a risk has occurred which is in risk register but not in the budget. PM response should be:
A. Execute the risk response plan using the available budget.
B. Conduct impact analysis and submit the CR to increase the budget if necessary.

I choose B but answer is A which doesn't make sense for me.

2. A Project initiated based on approved scope and during the implimentation of design a team mate stated a scenario when that the requirements will not me met. fixing issue will increase cost, scope and schedule, there is no money for change. What should PM do?

A. Perform a risk analysis and update the sponsor.
B. Inform the customer and negotiate for risk acceptance.
C. Conduct the PICC process.

Answer is C but i think A. we should first do the analysis and then conduct PICC. Can some one help me on this please....

[email protected] 3 years 10 months ago #21482

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi ,

1) According to me, answer should be A bcz risk has occured during execution and in execution there is a process called "implement Risk response" and also impact analysis should be conducted as part of PICC process which is after submitting the CR.

2)According to me, answer should be C bcz question states that this is an issue now (fixing issue will increase cost, scope and schedule)which should be analysed as part of PICC process.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login