fbpx

Reply: validate scope vs project closure

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : validate scope vs project closure

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21420

Kyle Kilbride

Validate Scope is a Monitoring and Controlling process where we review deliverables with the customer to gain their acceptance. In closing the only action we take with respect to deliverables is ensuring / confirming that they have all been accepted by the customer. I think of this as simply checking a box on a checklist. Hope that helps.
3 years 9 months ago #21416

Chan Rampersaud

's Avatar

Hi Qinglei,

Appreciate your question. My view is that the phrase 'now verifying that the product meets the specifications' is helpful as you assess where this action is taking place (as an Inspection of ongoing work in progress).
Verification is an aspect of monitoring and control and the fact that you are 'now' verifying means that the action is not completed. After verification, this becomes an input to Closing. So M&C is the best answer.
3 years 9 months ago #21414

Qinglei Li

This exam simulation question confuses me, anyone can help explain? Thanks.
I think the validating product meets requirements is part of Validate Scope process, so i Choose B, but correct answer is A..

You are managing a software development project with a set of preplanned milestones. Your team has completed all milestones and you are now verifying that the product meets the specifications outlined in the project management plan. What process group are you currently in?

A) Monitor and Control
B) Closing
C) Executing
D) Planning

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login