fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: validate scope vs project closure

validate scope vs project closure 3 years 10 months ago #21414

• Qinglei Li
  • Qinglei Li's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This exam simulation question confuses me, anyone can help explain? Thanks.
I think the validating product meets requirements is part of Validate Scope process, so i Choose B, but correct answer is A..

You are managing a software development project with a set of preplanned milestones. Your team has completed all milestones and you are now verifying that the product meets the specifications outlined in the project management plan. What process group are you currently in?

A) Monitor and Control
B) Closing
C) Executing
D) Planning

validate scope vs project closure 3 years 10 months ago #21416

• Chan Rampersaud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Qinglei,

Appreciate your question. My view is that the phrase 'now verifying that the product meets the specifications' is helpful as you assess where this action is taking place (as an Inspection of ongoing work in progress).
Verification is an aspect of monitoring and control and the fact that you are 'now' verifying means that the action is not completed. After verification, this becomes an input to Closing. So M&C is the best answer.

validate scope vs project closure 3 years 10 months ago #21420

• Kyle Kilbride
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Validate Scope is a Monitoring and Controlling process where we review deliverables with the customer to gain their acceptance. In closing the only action we take with respect to deliverables is ensuring / confirming that they have all been accepted by the customer. I think of this as simply checking a box on a checklist. Hope that helps.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonKyle KilbrideJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login