Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: How do I know if i REALLY passed the test?

How do I know if i REALLY passed the test? 1 month 1 week ago #21342

• Clara Galbiati
  • Clara Galbiati's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi! I just finished the test. At the end I received a congratulation message, but no score, nothing. Just an alert I would have received an email in 1 to 3 days. Since I was not able to snip that message (PC locked), can I start the celebration or should I wait the mail? Thanks! C

How do I know if i REALLY passed the test? 1 month 1 week ago #21343

• Harry Elston
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 67
Clara,

First, congratulations.

You will NOT receive a true "score" (that is, a number) from PMI, but you will received a breakdown of each rubric area in terms of where you are at (e.g. above target, target, below target, needs improvement). The actual "passing" score is a closely held secret at PMI, and, if my suspicions based on standardized testing are correct, will vary slightly from test to test. I don't believe you will get a notification sent to you that the information is available, but you will get an email stating that you passed. You'll have to log in to your PMI dashboard and do the exam analysis.

Again, congratulations. And, yes, start the celebration now.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

How do I know if i REALLY passed the test? 1 month 6 days ago #21370

• Clara Galbiati
  • Clara Galbiati's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Harry! Exactly as you said, I received today the confirmation email from PMI with the link to the test analysis. It went quite good, 4 areas above target and 1 at target. I really need to thank the PrepCast simulator for this result! Indeed, to study, I just used the PMBOK guide edition 6th and the simulator. Simulations made the difference. They helped with the questions (although it is true that the ones of the test are more difficult or maybe just in a different format) and to stay focused for 4 hours.
My advice to who has to take to exam is to keep an eye on the time, 270 minutes really fly. Check the time often (just to adjust your pace, not to make you anxious). As for the whiteboard, I do agree it is not agile to use, but it works. Good luck to the students and thanks to the teachers!C
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPMohammad Alharbi, PMP, PMI-ACPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on July 18/19 for just $199. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...