fbpx

Reply: SPI on Critical Path

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : SPI on Critical Path

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21363

Junior

's Avatar

I had same question too. What’s the right answer, Behind schedule, Ahead of Schedule, Ahead of Schedule with risk.
3 years 9 months ago #21360

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar

Hi Marc.
You are very welcome. As you do your last-minute preparations for the exam, keep your eyes on the ball and do not overthink. Ignore any extraneous information that is especially common on the lengthy PMP questions and concentrate on the "ASK". I wish you all the best.
3 years 9 months ago #21341

Marc Vazquez

Thank you Eric,

That was exactly my logic as well but then I started to overthink it. Could you say that the status of the project is ahead of schedule but at risk or because the Critical Path is below 1, then the whole project behind schedule?

Thank you for your reply!
Currently doing some last minute prep before my exam.
3 years 9 months ago #21321

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar

Hi Marc.

Whenever the critical path Schedule Performance Index (SPI) is below 1.0 the entire project is late. In this case, the (SPI) that is important is 0.7 and it means that the project is behind schedule. I hope that helps.
3 years 9 months ago #21313

Marc

's Avatar

What would the status be if the overall SPI is 1.8 and the critical path SPI is .70?

Behinde schedule?
Ahead of schedule?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login