fbpx

Reply: Duplicated resource information

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Duplicated resource information

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21271

Devin

The RBS is the only one that is linked to the WBS. Without the RBS you don't have a resource to work package linkage, which the others don't have. So it would be difficult to control resources when you don't know what they are being used for or working on.
3 years 10 months ago #21266

Wesley Pontius

Thank you for responding, but it's still unclear to me. For example, if the Physical Resource Assignment (PRA) includes all the information about the resources needed (including location, etc), why would you need the Resource Breakdown Structure? Why not get the same information from the PRA in the event replacement or reacquisition is necessary? What aspect of Control Resources can't be ascertained by the PRA?
I suspect I'm missing something simple.
3 years 10 months ago #21265

Devin

The key is to answering your question is to understand just what the CONTROL RESOURCES process is trying to accomplish: Control Resources is the process of ensuring that the physical resources assigned and allocated to the project are available as planned, as well as monitoring the planned versus actual utilization of resources and taking corrective action as necessary.

Physical resource assignments - The physical resource assignments describe the expected resource utilization along with details such as type, amount, location, and whether the resource is internal to the organization or outsourced.
Resource breakdown structure - The resource breakdown structure provides a reference in case any resource needs to be replaced or reacquired during the course of the project. (corrective action).
Resource requirements - Resource requirements identify the needed material, equipment, supplies, and other resources. Planned resources.

In broadest terms, these inputs give the fullest picture of the available resources, planned resources and their utilization.

Hope this helps.
3 years 10 months ago #21260

W Pontius

's Avatar

What is the difference between the information contained in each of the Physical Resource Requirements, the Resource Breakdown Structure, and the Resource Requirements, and why are all 3 needed as inputs to the Control Resources process? As best I can determine, the information contained in these 3 is the same.
Thank you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login