fbpx

Reply: PMBOK Guide Part 1 and Part 2

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMBOK Guide Part 1 and Part 2

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21130

Alex

's Avatar

Thanks for the advice Eric.

Regards,
Ali
3 years 10 months ago #21114

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar

Hi Alex.
The current version of the PMBOK Guide is the 6th edition and I would encourage you to have a thorough understanding of its content before attempting the PMP exam. I wish you all the best.

Best.
3 years 10 months ago #21112

Alex

's Avatar

Hi All,
I appreciate your support as I am getting ready to once more plan my study to write my PMP exam. This will be my last chance to wire my exam and I want to try my best to pass it this time. I never study the PMBOK guide before, I've always studied from Rita book and used simulator from PMPrepCast. I have already studied the Rita book 3 times, but never read the PMBOK Guide thoroughly, mainly used it as reference. Based on my scores from PM Prep Cast simulator, I had confidence that I will pass the test in April, but it was cancelled due to COVID-19.
As I am getting ready to plan for my study again, I am thinking to review the PMBOK guide, but I was wondering what is the difference between Part 1 and Part 2 of the PMBOK guide? Should I start reading Part 2 only, or start reading the whole PMBOK guide Part 1 first then Part 2? Of course the more study the better, but wanted to seek your experience and advice in case I don't need to spend time reading the stuff that I might already know based on previous study experience and history.  Is it studying Part 2 of the PMBOK Guide more important for PMP exam?

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login