Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMBOK Guide Part 1 and Part 2

PMBOK Guide Part 1 and Part 2 2 months 3 weeks ago #21112

• Alex
  • Alex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi All,
I appreciate your support as I am getting ready to once more plan my study to write my PMP exam. This will be my last chance to wire my exam and I want to try my best to pass it this time. I never study the PMBOK guide before, I've always studied from Rita book and used simulator from PMPrepCast. I have already studied the Rita book 3 times, but never read the PMBOK Guide thoroughly, mainly used it as reference. Based on my scores from PM Prep Cast simulator, I had confidence that I will pass the test in April, but it was cancelled due to COVID-19.
As I am getting ready to plan for my study again, I am thinking to review the PMBOK guide, but I was wondering what is the difference between Part 1 and Part 2 of the PMBOK guide? Should I start reading Part 2 only, or start reading the whole PMBOK guide Part 1 first then Part 2? Of course the more study the better, but wanted to seek your experience and advice in case I don't need to spend time reading the stuff that I might already know based on previous study experience and history.  Is it studying Part 2 of the PMBOK Guide more important for PMP exam?

Thanks

PMBOK Guide Part 1 and Part 2 2 months 3 weeks ago #21114

• Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Alex.
The current version of the PMBOK Guide is the 6th edition and I would encourage you to have a thorough understanding of its content before attempting the PMP exam. I wish you all the best.

Best.

PMBOK Guide Part 1 and Part 2 2 months 3 weeks ago #21130

• Alex
  • Alex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for the advice Eric.

Regards,
Ali
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login