fbpx

Reply: Gantt charts NOT NEEDED during the project plan development process

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Gantt charts NOT NEEDED during the project plan development process

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 11 months ago #20634

Javier

's Avatar

Dear Harry,
Thank you for your answer.
Kind regards
Javier
3 years 11 months ago #20621

Harry Elston

Javier,

Remember that all questions must be answered from PMI's perspective, not your own experience. Look at the ITTOs in PMBOK 6. If it's not listed, it's not the right answer.

Answering questions "the way I would do it" is a recipe for failing the exam.

H
3 years 11 months ago #20614

Javier Loma Domínguez

Hello all,
after taking a self-test from one of my prep books, I'm a bit surprised about the correct answer provided in the self test answers section.The question is as follows:
Which one of the following is not beneficial to the Project Manager during the project plan development process:
1.-Gantt charts
2.-PMIs
3.-Project Management methodology
4.-Stakeholder knowledge.

The correct answer is 1.- Gantt charts are not needed in the project plan development process. They are a good tool to predict and measure project progress.
Could you please provide some insight/clarification about the usefulness/lack of it of the Gantt charts in the project plan process?. Maybe I'm wrong and my experience clashes with the purpose of the question.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Javier

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login