fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Gantt charts NOT NEEDED during the project plan development process

Gantt charts NOT NEEDED during the project plan development process 4 years 4 days ago #20614

• Javier Loma Domínguez
  • Javier Loma Domínguez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello all,
after taking a self-test from one of my prep books, I'm a bit surprised about the correct answer provided in the self test answers section.The question is as follows:
Which one of the following is not beneficial to the Project Manager during the project plan development process:
1.-Gantt charts
2.-PMIs
3.-Project Management methodology
4.-Stakeholder knowledge.

The correct answer is 1.- Gantt charts are not needed in the project plan development process. They are a good tool to predict and measure project progress.
Could you please provide some insight/clarification about the usefulness/lack of it of the Gantt charts in the project plan process?. Maybe I'm wrong and my experience clashes with the purpose of the question.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Javier

Gantt charts NOT NEEDED during the project plan development process 4 years 3 days ago #20621

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Javier,

Remember that all questions must be answered from PMI's perspective, not your own experience. Look at the ITTOs in PMBOK 6. If it's not listed, it's not the right answer.

Answering questions "the way I would do it" is a recipe for failing the exam.

H
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

Gantt charts NOT NEEDED during the project plan development process 4 years 2 days ago #20634

• Javier
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dear Harry,
Thank you for your answer.
Kind regards
Javier
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login