fbpx

Reply: Estimation Question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Estimation Question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 weeks ago #20473

Harry Elston

Dear EQ:

I don't really see a question there, but I will try to address what I think you're asking.

From your description, it appears as though processing (which uses resources) always takes 8 hours per test and programming is the scalable aspect of the project. For example, if Project A takes 2 hours of coding and 8 hours of processing, then the estimation would be 10 hours. If Project B is twice as big, it would be 4 hours of coding and 8 hours of processing, for 12 hours. The equation would be Estimation = Hc+8 hrs, where Hc is the hours spent coding.

Harry
4 years 4 weeks ago #20469

Estimation Question

's Avatar

Hi, I have a software project that is leveraging the Azure cloud. When estimating development stories, the team gets stuck on how to estimate actual development time vs processing time. When you refresh data in the cloud there is often material processing time. When estimating i get responses like, "it takes 2 hours to develop and 8 hours to process." Most of the time the processing happens overnight so the effort gets blurred. It doesn't seem like this type of estimation lends itself to relative sizing. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login