fbpx

Reply: historical information review

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : historical information review

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 days ago #20468

Harry Elston

Anon:

Unfortunately, I cannot answer the "why" question you have. The ITTOs that are called on the PMBOK Guide (remember, it's only a guide, not religious scripture) are there presumably the authors of the guide thought those are the ones that are used most often or are important enough to highlight.

From a non-PMI or non-PMBOK-y way of looking at things, If I were to do a project (call it project X) and I had a repository of historical of information on projects similar to Project X, I would like to know about both how much they cost (budgeting) and how long they took (scheduling).

Hope that helps,

Harry
4 years 2 days ago #20467

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thanks Harry,
Yes you’r right. But why It’s mentionned in determine budget process as a tool and techniques?. Pmbok might not talk about it then.
4 years 2 days ago #20466

Harry Elston

Hamza,

No one is telling you that you cannot use it. It's just not one of the pieces of information that is called out in the PMBOK guide.

Harry
4 years 2 days ago #20465

Hamza Droussi

Hello,
i would like to know why historical information review is used in project cost management but not in project schedule management
thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login