Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: historical information review

historical information review 5 months 3 weeks ago #20465

• Hamza Droussi
  • Hamza Droussi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,
i would like to know why historical information review is used in project cost management but not in project schedule management
thanks

historical information review 5 months 3 weeks ago #20466

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 78
Hamza,

No one is telling you that you cannot use it. It's just not one of the pieces of information that is called out in the PMBOK guide.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

historical information review 5 months 3 weeks ago #20467

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Harry,
Yes you’r right. But why It’s mentionned in determine budget process as a tool and techniques?. Pmbok might not talk about it then.

historical information review 5 months 3 weeks ago #20468

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 78
Anon:

Unfortunately, I cannot answer the "why" question you have. The ITTOs that are called on the PMBOK Guide (remember, it's only a guide, not religious scripture) are there presumably the authors of the guide thought those are the ones that are used most often or are important enough to highlight.

From a non-PMI or non-PMBOK-y way of looking at things, If I were to do a project (call it project X) and I had a repository of historical of information on projects similar to Project X, I would like to know about both how much they cost (budgeting) and how long they took (scheduling).

Hope that helps,

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hamza Droussi
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login