fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: historical information review

historical information review 4 years 1 day ago #20465

• Hamza Droussi
  • Hamza Droussi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,
i would like to know why historical information review is used in project cost management but not in project schedule management
thanks

historical information review 4 years 1 day ago #20466

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Hamza,

No one is telling you that you cannot use it. It's just not one of the pieces of information that is called out in the PMBOK guide.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

historical information review 4 years 1 day ago #20467

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Harry,
Yes you’r right. But why It’s mentionned in determine budget process as a tool and techniques?. Pmbok might not talk about it then.

historical information review 4 years 1 day ago #20468

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Anon:

Unfortunately, I cannot answer the "why" question you have. The ITTOs that are called on the PMBOK Guide (remember, it's only a guide, not religious scripture) are there presumably the authors of the guide thought those are the ones that are used most often or are important enough to highlight.

From a non-PMI or non-PMBOK-y way of looking at things, If I were to do a project (call it project X) and I had a repository of historical of information on projects similar to Project X, I would like to know about both how much they cost (budgeting) and how long they took (scheduling).

Hope that helps,

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hamza Droussi
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login