fbpx

Reply: PMP Simulator - Contacting the Server.... Please Wait

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Simulator - Contacting the Server.... Please Wait

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21181

Yazmine Darcy

Hi Josh,

We are sorry that you are experiencing this issue. The contacting server error is difficult to diagnose and can be unpredictable since it could be a client or server-side issue.

In order to help you, we need more information. Similar to Cornelius' request above
"Unfortunately, you posted this message as a guest user, so I don't have your email address. Would you, therefore, please send a notice to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we can analyze this for you? Just copy/paste the text from your message here and I'll let them know to ping the technical team right away.

Oh... make sure you include the email address/username you use when logged in to the system."

Yazmine Darcy, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Director of Operations, OSP International LLC
The Project Management PrepCast™ - www.project-management-prepcast.com
3 years 10 months ago #21142

josh

's Avatar

I’ve also been having latency issues with prep cast exam simulator. My internet connection is not great, but I’m able to stream video with no issues...I can’t imagine bandwidth requirements for the simulator are that significant. I’m very satisfied with the questions but the delays in loading questions are problematic (especially during a timed exam).
3 years 10 months ago #21137

Cornelius Fichtner

George

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues. Unfortunately, you posted this message as a guest user, so I don't have your email address. Would you, therefore, please send a notice to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we can analyze this for you? Just copy/paste the text from your message here and I'll let them know to ping the technical team right away.

Oh... make sure you include the email address/username you use when logged in to the system.
3 years 10 months ago #21136

George

's Avatar

Started using the simulator yesterday (May 18, 2020). Unfortunately it is happening quite frequently. I would say around 5-10 times during a 4 hours long exam. There are two types of messages popping up:
1.) Connecting the server... Please wait.
2.) There is an issue with the exam simulator. The technical team has been alerted and is investigating this issue
I have taken a couple of screenshots, so there is an exact timestamp when this issue has happened.
My connection speed is pretty good (150Mbps down, 150 Mbps up) and reliable, never experienced connection issues with other sites.
4 years 1 month ago #20014

Cornelius Fichtner

Glad to hear it. Thank you Vincent.

I am personally seeing this error extremely rarely because I'm paying for the fastest internet connection that is available in my region. Never the less, our development team started about 4 weeks ago to work on a monitoring system for this. Once in place, we will be alerted when this happens and can better analyze the root cause for each incident.
4 years 1 month ago #20012

Vincent

I tried taking Exam 2 this morning and I am happy to report that the experience was a lot better. I did not experience any more time lag between questions and I can navigate with almost zero or negligible waiting time.
I am pretty happy with the user experience now.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login