fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Simulator - Contacting the Server.... Please Wait

PMP Simulator - Contacting the Server.... Please Wait 4 years 1 month ago #20002

• Vincent
  • Vincent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I started using the PM Prep Simulator yesterday. Did anyone experience poor loading time in between questions? I had to wait for almost 20 to 30 seconds in between questions to the point . Its quite frustrating. Is there anyway to pre-load the questions so I don't have to keep waiting for the server every time I click next question.

PMP Simulator - Contacting the Server.... Please Wait 4 years 1 month ago #20003

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Vincent, thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this on to the support team. I have never had the same issue, so I can't say what might be causing it, but when other websites I use run slowly, it's often to do with the internet connection being slow where I am working.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

PMP Simulator - Contacting the Server.... Please Wait 4 years 1 month ago #20012

• Vincent
  • Vincent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I tried taking Exam 2 this morning and I am happy to report that the experience was a lot better. I did not experience any more time lag between questions and I can navigate with almost zero or negligible waiting time.
I am pretty happy with the user experience now.

PMP Simulator - Contacting the Server.... Please Wait 4 years 1 month ago #20014

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Glad to hear it. Thank you Vincent.

I am personally seeing this error extremely rarely because I'm paying for the fastest internet connection that is available in my region. Never the less, our development team started about 4 weeks ago to work on a monitoring system for this. Once in place, we will be alerted when this happens and can better analyze the root cause for each incident.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

PMP Simulator - Contacting the Server.... Please Wait 3 years 10 months ago #21136

• George
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Started using the simulator yesterday (May 18, 2020). Unfortunately it is happening quite frequently. I would say around 5-10 times during a 4 hours long exam. There are two types of messages popping up:
1.) Connecting the server... Please wait.
2.) There is an issue with the exam simulator. The technical team has been alerted and is investigating this issue
I have taken a couple of screenshots, so there is an exact timestamp when this issue has happened.
My connection speed is pretty good (150Mbps down, 150 Mbps up) and reliable, never experienced connection issues with other sites.

PMP Simulator - Contacting the Server.... Please Wait 3 years 10 months ago #21137

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
George

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues. Unfortunately, you posted this message as a guest user, so I don't have your email address. Would you, therefore, please send a notice to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we can analyze this for you? Just copy/paste the text from your message here and I'll let them know to ping the technical team right away.

Oh... make sure you include the email address/username you use when logged in to the system.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

PMP Simulator - Contacting the Server.... Please Wait 3 years 10 months ago #21142

• josh
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I’ve also been having latency issues with prep cast exam simulator. My internet connection is not great, but I’m able to stream video with no issues...I can’t imagine bandwidth requirements for the simulator are that significant. I’m very satisfied with the questions but the delays in loading questions are problematic (especially during a timed exam).

PMP Simulator - Contacting the Server.... Please Wait 3 years 10 months ago #21181

• Yazmine Darcy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Josh,

We are sorry that you are experiencing this issue. The contacting server error is difficult to diagnose and can be unpredictable since it could be a client or server-side issue.

In order to help you, we need more information. Similar to Cornelius' request above
"Unfortunately, you posted this message as a guest user, so I don't have your email address. Would you, therefore, please send a notice to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we can analyze this for you? Just copy/paste the text from your message here and I'll let them know to ping the technical team right away.

Oh... make sure you include the email address/username you use when logged in to the system."

Yazmine Darcy, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Director of Operations, OSP International LLC
The Project Management PrepCast™ - www.project-management-prepcast.com
Last edit: by John Paul Bugarin.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login