fbpx

Reply: "show grid" option

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : "show grid" option

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19661

Udaya

Thanks a ton! Harry & Lisa, got what I was looking for.
4 years 2 months ago #19633

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Hi Udaya,

I agree with Harry. You’ve got a good question. Here's a 2-part answer:

1) SHOW GRID

I think this is the "show grid" feature you're talking about in the simulator:

My exam at Pearson did have a “grid-like” feature. You access it by using Navigator.

When I selected Navigator, a pop-up screen appeared listing all the questions.

NOTE: I added Unseen on the above image, because my exam displayed it next to questions I hadn’t viewed.

On my Review pop-up, the blue toolbar at the bottom had these options to choose from:
  • Review All, or
  • Review Incomplete, or
  • Review Flagged (tiny flag icons are next to the questions I already flagged for review)
The pop-up was small. At first, I could only view 6 lines at a time. It was difficult to see the number of questions I had left to answer. I opened the pop-up more and used the scrollbar. The scrollbar wasn’t very user-friendly either. I just counted the questions that said Incomplete and Unseen to get a real sense of what I had left to finish.

The above exam screen shots came from the following 2 sites:
Computer Based Testing Tutorial Screenshots
Pearson VUE exam-day experience

My Lessons Learned shows other screens similar to my exam:
Passed PMP, 1st attempt, 9/5/19–Part 3 of 4

2) YOUR STRATEGY

I answered the short questions first, too. I made multiple passes through my exam. I automatically skipped all questions that were more than 2 sentences or had calculations. I used both the grid in the simulator and the Navigator in the real exam to help with this.

Cornelius and PM PrepCast have a good article about this strategy, too. See Best Practice #10, PMP Exam Timetable shown below and linked here:
Creating Your PMP® Study Plan - The Complete Guide

I wish you the best, Udaya!
Attachments:
4 years 2 months ago #19632

Harry Elston

Good morning, Udaya,

I can partially answer your question. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what the Prepcast "show grid" option does specifically so I can't answer that part of your question.

The "real" PMI exam will allow you to mark questions that you want to skip and then come back to them later. It is a very handy feature.

Harry
4 years 2 months ago #19631

Udaya

Q1: does the real PMP EXAM have the "show grid" option on the screen like how it is on the prepcast exam simulator?
Q2: Also, can we filter unanswered or marked Questions on the Real PMP exam.
Q3: i find it easy to first answer short questions instead of the lengthy one's when taking an exam, so the prepcast simulator 'show grid' option really helps with this. is this a good exam strategy?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login