Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: "show grid" option

"show grid" option 1 week 1 day ago #19631

• Udaya
  • Udaya 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Q1: does the real PMP EXAM have the "show grid" option on the screen like how it is on the prepcast exam simulator?
Q2: Also, can we filter unanswered or marked Questions on the Real PMP exam.
Q3: i find it easy to first answer short questions instead of the lengthy one's when taking an exam, so the prepcast simulator 'show grid' option really helps with this. is this a good exam strategy?

"show grid" option 1 week 22 hours ago #19632

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 10
Good morning, Udaya,

I can partially answer your question. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what the Prepcast "show grid" option does specifically so I can't answer that part of your question.

The "real" PMI exam will allow you to mark questions that you want to skip and then come back to them later. It is a very handy feature.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

"show grid" option 1 week 20 hours ago #19633

• Lisa Sweeney PMP
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi Udaya,

I agree with Harry. You’ve got a good question. Here's a 2-part answer:

1) SHOW GRID

I think this is the "show grid" feature you're talking about in the simulator:

My exam at Pearson did have a “grid-like” feature. You access it by using Navigator.

When I selected Navigator, a pop-up screen appeared listing all the questions.

NOTE: I added Unseen on the above image, because my exam displayed it next to questions I hadn’t viewed.

On my Review pop-up, the blue toolbar at the bottom had these options to choose from:
  • Review All, or
  • Review Incomplete, or
  • Review Flagged (tiny flag icons are next to the questions I already flagged for review)
The pop-up was small. At first, I could only view 6 lines at a time. It was difficult to see the number of questions I had left to answer. I opened the pop-up more and used the scrollbar. The scrollbar wasn’t very user-friendly either. I just counted the questions that said Incomplete and Unseen to get a real sense of what I had left to finish.

The above exam screen shots came from the following 2 sites:
Computer Based Testing Tutorial Screenshots
Pearson VUE exam-day experience

My Lessons Learned shows other screens similar to my exam:
Passed PMP, 1st attempt, 9/5/19–Part 3 of 4

2) YOUR STRATEGY

I answered the short questions first, too. I made multiple passes through my exam. I automatically skipped all questions that were more than 2 sentences or had calculations. I used both the grid in the simulator and the Navigator in the real exam to help with this.

Cornelius and PM PrepCast have a good article about this strategy, too. See Best Practice #10, PMP Exam Timetable shown below and linked here:
Creating Your PMP® Study Plan - The Complete Guide

I wish you the best, Udaya!
Attachments:

"show grid" option 2 days 22 hours ago #19661

• Udaya
  • Udaya 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks a ton! Harry & Lisa, got what I was looking for.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani Selvan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on January 18/19 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...