fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP: Online Proctored Exam

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 months ago #19477

• Simon
  • Simon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi there,

When do you think it will be possible to do the PMP exam online instead of having to travel long distances for a testing center?

I see they have made the CAPM exam available online. Surely its just a matter of time before the PMP follows?

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 months ago #19483

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Not in the near future.

I asked this question to Sierra Hampton-Simmons who is in charge of PMI certifications. She said that they are not currently planning to offer this.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 months ago #19484

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Having multiple professional certifications (one done on paper), most certifying exams are proctored for security purposes. I am surprised that the CAPM is offered in an un-proctored setting, but I would not expect to see PMP or RMP offered any time soon.
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 months ago #19485

• Sinon
  • Sinon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Harry Elston wrote: Having multiple professional certifications (one done on paper), most certifying exams are proctored for security purposes. I am surprised that the CAPM is offered in an un-proctored setting, but I would not expect to see PMP or RMP offered any time soon.

Actually the CAPM is proctored (via webcam I suppose since its online).

The same goes for PMI-ACP.

So one would wonder what's so special about the PMP that this cannot be an online exam as well, proctored like the others. Makes no sense to me.

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 2 weeks ago #20549

• Kobe
  • Kobe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Especially in light of COVID 19 !

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 2 weeks ago #20552

• Elisabet
  • Elisabet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sunil itself commented on Linkedin PMI's intention to offer PMP online. Do you have any updated information?

Thanks

www.linkedin.com/pulse/digital-offerings...Q2ucjXbrE68QUw%3D%3D

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 2 weeks ago #20556

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Sinon wrote:

So one would wonder what's so special about the PMP that this cannot be an online exam as well, proctored like the others. Makes no sense to me.

The PMP exam is a highly thought-after certification and there are individuals and groups out there who are organized to steal questions from inside the testing centers (by any means possible) in order to sell these at a profit. Allowing candidates to take the exam from home will enable these individuals to steal the questions much more easily.
Until Next Time,

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 2 weeks ago #20561

• Simon Knudsen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Elisabet wrote: Sunil itself commented on Linkedin PMI's intention to offer PMP online. Do you have any updated information?

Thanks

www.linkedin.com/pulse/digital-offerings...Q2ucjXbrE68QUw%3D%3D

Thank you for sharing Elisabet.

Indeed it seems there will be an option to take the PMP exam from home beginning from Mid April (at least that's their target):

"We are targeting mid-April for exam candidates to have the option to take the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam online from their office or home. More details will follow."

My exam is scheduled May 4, so hopefully I will have this option as well when time comes (the test center is far away from me and they can't confirm yet if it will be open or not).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wawan Ridwan

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 2 weeks ago #20572

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Supposedly a vendor has confirmed that starting Tues, 14 April, we'll be able to sign up for PMP via Onvue.

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20582

• Simon Knudsen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sounds great. Do you have a link to where you got this information from?

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20601

• Thiago França, PMP®
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Hi guys,

I am ready for schedule my PMP exam.

After access the PMI website to check date availability to do the exam, note that PMP Online Proctored Exam is an possible option now.

But PMI asked me check a checkbox with the information below

"By accessing this website and checking this box, you signify that you understand, acknowledge and agree that, if any third party is: 1) detected as present in your physical location, whether visible or not; or 2) heard in any way, whether physically detected by movement and noise production or through sounds, regardless of whether you are in your current location or not during your test session, the test will end and you will not receive any points or at the event when you have completed the test and received a score, your score may be invalidated or canceled. In addition, you understand, acknowledge and agree that if your trial session ends for this or any other reason, you will not receive a refund, credit or coupon for the trial fee."

(translated from portuguese to english).

This noise requirement seems to be very aggressive in my point of view. What about if a neighbor starts singing? What if a loud car passes by on the street?

I don't know ... it seems risky to choose to take the exam at home.

What do you think?

Regards,

Thiago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriella Dellino, PMP, Eduardo Robles-Rosario, Boricua Juggernaut

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20604

• Simon Knudsen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Thiago,

Cool, thanks for this update! Personally I wouldn't worry about this as of course they expect you to sit alone during the test. As long as you do that, I see no reason for them to suspect anyone else but you is in the room.

Still I wonder:
- Why haven't PMI updated their updates page with this information yet and/or sent out emails to us? www.pmi.org/about/coronavirus-single-sou...030224749.1577449421
- If you already have scheduled your exam, will it be possible to reschedule exam to the online proctored instead?
- Can we reschedule the exam earlier than originally requested?
- Ability to take online exam during weekends?

Guess one have to wait to find out.
Last edit: by Simon Knudsen.

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20612

• ARNALDO ANGELINI
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello who has taken PMP exam on line?

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20622

• Simon Knudsen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Information about online exam now available here:
www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project...pmp/exam-prep/online

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20624

• Joshua Jordan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I just registered for the online PMP today. I was also taken back by the terms and conditions (any noise detected will result in exam termination, etc.). I am also a bit nervous about not having the ability to use scratch paper (my understanding is this is allowed in the testing centers to perform basic math). Another concern is the requirement not to leave the room (a 4 hour exam without a bathroom break sounds brutal...). I hope whoever goes through the process first provides their experience, lessons learned..
Thanks,
Josh

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20625

• Thiago França, PMP®
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Joshua,

According PMI website, both the online proctored testing and center-based testing option for the PMP exam will now have a built-in 10-minute break. The exam is divided into two parts. You will start the 10-minute break once you complete the first part. You will be permitted to leave the room during the 10-minute break. Please note, you will NOT be able to review questions from the first part after you start your 10-minute break. Once your 10-minute break is over, your proctor will check you back in and you will finish the second and final part of your exam. If you do not return to the room at the conclusion of your 10-minute break, your exam session will be terminated.

Regarding the sound, there is the following information in the website:

PMI places the highest priority on protecting the integrity of the PMP exam and is committed to ensuring that risks associated with online testing are properly addressed. We have implemented several security safeguards, including:

A rigorous data forensics program to identify and take action on candidate misconduct and other exam validity issues;
AI-enhanced identification authentication and face-to-photo matching during the check-in process;
AI-assisted, live remote proctoring, which includes the ability to immediately end a testing session if misconduct is detected
While PMI recognizes that online testing poses unique challenges for security, we remain dedicated to ensuring that the process of earning the PMP designation remains as rigorous and prestigious as it has always been.

So I do understand that a person will monitor us during the test (together with AI features). If any issue is found with the sound, the monitor will in touch with us to understand what is going on. If we are not cheating, I dont think that we should afroid off.

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20626

• Simon Knudsen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I have now cancelled my exam in order to reschedule another date with the online exam, perhaps earlier.

My only worry was that PMI would take the $70 cancellation fee but according to their own instructions on their FAQ page, they will not do this:

"In your online Pearson VUE account, you first need to cancel your existing exam date. Then you can schedule a new exam date choosing the online proctored testing option. PMI is currently waiving exam rescheduling fees for all exams until 1 July 2020. "

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20629

• Tashneel Nair
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Josh,

Let us know how your online exam goes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boricua Juggernaut

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20649

• ANGELINI
  • ANGELINI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Anyone has taken the on line PMP exam.? I heard that there is a break of 10 minutes and the xam is splitted in 2 parts ?

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20650

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I am reading a lot of lessons learned from those who have taken the online exam. Here are some (very random) text snippets that I copy/pasted from their lessons learned:

=====================

Your webcam is turned on the entire duration of the exam and I can only assume someone is monitoring you on the other side.

You are not not allowed to have anything in you vicinity. Basically it was just my computer and mouse. No food, drinks, cell phone, watches, papers, etc.

When you start the exam, the time starts ticking from 240 minutes. You can take your break when you submit the first portion of the exam which is the first 90 questions. Once you submit it, you won't be able to change those answers. I took mine when I had about 130 minutes remaining since I knew the 2nd half was a bit longer (110 questions).

Once the 10 minute timer started, I went to have a snack, drink some water and use the washroom. I came back with a bout 1 minute left and I was able to start the 2nd half right away.

=====================

And in addition to the above LL, I have the following tip for everyone:

People are reporting technical issues like the fact that the exam simply would not start. Most reached out to PV support and were either able to solve it or decided to postpone. Tip: If this happens to you and you spend 90 minutes troubleshooting, ask yourself if you are still in the right frame of mind to take the exam today, or if it would be better to postpone. Pro tip: Postpone.
Until Next Time,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Sanchez, Eduardo Robles-Rosario, Claudia Ceboleiro, Elena Mekhanoshina

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 week ago #20653

• Claudia Ceboleiro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello, thanks you for the information. What is their dates availability ? meaning is it easy to get a date in a near future?

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 6 days ago #20659

• CP
  • CP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you for sharing this. It is very helpful.
I had one question though - what if there is network issue while giving exam. If the wi-fi internet goes down while giving exam? Is there any guidance around it?

Kind Regards,
CP

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 6 days ago #20664

• Angela Gallimore
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Have you been able to confirm that we are not allowed to have any scratch paper on hand for the test? I am also assuming this would mean no calculators would be allowed either? I am scheduled to take my exam online later this week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boricua Juggernaut

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 6 days ago #20670

• Rohit
  • Rohit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Please tell me if PMI going with online examination option for pmp until covid situation settled down or online option will remain for future as well.
Please suggest..

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 6 days ago #20674

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Rohit,

My expectation is that PMP online proctoring will be STOPPED at the end of 2020 at the latest. (Note: This is a GUESS and my personal EXPECTATION. I have no info from PMI about this).
Until Next Time,

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 6 days ago #20675

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Angela,

You are NOT allowed to have ANYTHING on your desk. Therefore, no scratch paper or pen. You have to use the "online whiteboard" that is part of the exam tool from Pearson.
Until Next Time,

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 6 days ago #20676

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hello CP,

If your internet 'crashes' during the exam, then your exam will count as "did not pass". I do not yet know what the exact policy is. For example, one policy could be that you are allowed to retake it due to internet outage at no cost. However, another policy might be that you have to pay full or partial cost to retake it. But again... I don't know yet which policy PMI and Pearson VUE have for this instance.
Until Next Time,

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 5 days ago #20680

• ARNALDO ANGELINI
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Collegues, please report your experience with PMP exam on line to as you can.

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 4 days ago #20696

• Rafaela Rodrigues Martinho Nunes
  • Rafaela Rodrigues Martinho Nunes's Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everybody!
I´m planning to schedule the now available online proctored exam, but I´m still struggling with some doubts namely:
1. Is the grid for reviewing answers available at all time or only when you reach the last question?
2. A strikeout feature is available for marking the answers that we know for sure are wrong (or extraneous content)?
3. How are exam sections divided (100 questions in each section)?
4. Will there be a warning on the screen once you reach the end of "first section" that allows you to have ten minute break?
5. Is it allowed to use a large monitor connected to your laptop (as a second screen only, so not using the laptop's monitor)?

Thanks in advance for your comnents, and hopefully the answers will be useful for others besides me.

Regards,
Last edit: by Rafaela Rodrigues Martinho Nunes.

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 4 days ago #20697

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Rafaela,

Here are my answers for you:

1. Is the grid for reviewing answers available at all time or only when you reach the last question?
> I cannot say for certain, but my assumption is that YES it is available all the time.

2. A strikeout feature is available for marking the answers that we know for sure are wrong (or extraneous content)?
> Yes. Based on lessons learned from others a strikeout feature is available.

3. How are exam sections divided (100 questions in each section)?
> 90 questions in the first section, 110 questions in the second section. (No idea why it isn't 100/100)

4. Will there be a warning on the screen once you reach the end of "first section" that allows you to have ten minute break?
> My understanding is that YOU have to actively track the time (on screen clock) and YOU are responsible to submit the first section. Then there is a 10 minute break with a countdown timer.

5. Is it allowed to use a large monitor connected to your laptop (as a second screen only, so not using the laptop's monitor)?
> Here is the feedback from another student. In short: DON'T use a large screen:

"Only advice for the online exam is not to use a big monitor. The application goes fill screen and reading the questions on a 24" monitor was difficult compared to the test questions.
My recommendation is to do the system check to see how the application looks on your monitor. My huge monitor made it seem like I was ready long sentences rather than a word problem since it goes full screen. It ended up being a bright white screen with small black text and caused some eye strain and mental exhaustion. I had to do the system check again today before the test so give yourself about 20 minutes to make sure everything is good to go."
Until Next Time,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michelle Navarro, Rafaela Rodrigues Martinho Nunes

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20709

• Ádám Kovács
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there any possibiity to test the online whiteboard and calculator? It would be better to get familiar with them before the real exam.

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20710

• Thiago França, PMP®
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Guys, happy to tell you that I earned my PMP certification yesterday in my first attempt!

I did the PMP Exam using online proctorated at my home.

Some points of the online test that may help you:

- My camera and microphone were on all the time, and apparently someone was watching me, because I started reading aloud, he immediately sent me a message and asked me to read it in a low voice.
- It is possible to emphasize or strickthrough any word of the question. This helps to mark important items and eliminate wrong answers.
 - There is a countdown timer on the screen, starting at 240 minutes.
- It is easy to use the whiteboard. It is similar to paint. You can write whatever you want, and delete it.
- There is an easy-to-use calculator.
- To mitigate the risk of running out of internet, I put my PC to automatically connect to the internet on my cell phone in case the internet at home fails.
- As soon as you complete a certain number of questions (I believe there were 90), a window opens where you can review your 90 questions already filled out or take a 10-minute break. When the pause starts, a countdown timer remains on the screen. I left the room and went to use the bathroom and relax a little. I didn't return to the exam until after 10 minutes.
- There is a chat available all the time that you can write to your monitor, in case of any doubt.

In general I really enjoyed the experience of taking the exam in this format.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ALEXANDRU DIMOFTE, Gabriella Dellino, PMP, Ádám Kovács, Harry Elston, Michelle Navarro, Claudia Ceboleiro, Rafaela Rodrigues Martinho Nunes, Prathamesh Patil, Elena Mekhanoshina, Wawan Ridwan and 1 other people also said thanks.

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20712

• Rafaela Rodrigues Martinho Nunes
  • Rafaela Rodrigues Martinho Nunes's Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much for the direct and clear answers! Already feeling more confident to schedule the exam.

Best regards,

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20716

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thiago,

Congratulations on getting your PMP and thank you so much for your lessons learned on the online proctored exam.

I have one follow-up question for you regarding how the first section (90 questions) of the exam actually ends. Does the system automatically take you into a "review mode" or do you yourself have to indicate to the system that you are now done with the first section and would like to start the break?

Thanks for clarifying.
Until Next Time,

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20717

• Thiago França, PMP®
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Cornelius,

I already thanked you on Linkedin, but I'll thank you here on the Forum too. Thank you my friend. Without your PMP simulator I would never have passed. It made all the difference in my preparation. Congratulations for the great work!

Regarding your question, Person system automatically take you into a "review mode" after complete 90 questions. There it is possible to review unanswered questions or those that have been marked. We are able to click on the question number to review it. Quick easy and simple to use.

After my review session, I just clicked on a button to "exit review mode". The program asks twice if I really want to leave and informs me that these questions cannot be reviewed in the future (after the break).

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thiago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriella Dellino, PMP, Rafaela Rodrigues Martinho Nunes

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20719

• Allison F
  • Allison F's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congrats on passing your exam the first time! I am scheduled to take my pmp online next Friday, the 1st! My webcam and mic will be through my laptop. I have a normal keyboard and mouse hooked into my laptop. Do you know if that is allowed or can you only use the built-in keyboard and mouse? Also, how does the room scan work? Do I use my webcam or my cell phone or a mirror? I was planning on keeping my cell phone in another room just to be on the safe side. Thank you for your time and again, congrats!

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20721

• Thiago França, PMP®
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Allison, many thanks!

I used my laptop, so the keyboard & mic are connected. I believe there is no problem to use an external keyboard. But you can confirm it with the people in the chat, few minutes before the exam start. if they disagree, I believe they will ask you to remove it.

it is important that you leave your table clean. with just your laptop and an identification document. Remove also any paper in the wall that can cause a risk to be understood as cheating.

As for the room evaluation, during the pre-test, you are asked to take 4 photos of your room. Of course, these photos are evaluated to see if they are in compliance with PMI rules.

Don't forget to run the Pearson check program on your laptop before the exam (PMI recommendation). The procedure is identical to that performed before the test.

I wish you luck in your test. Stay calm and control the time. I left about 5 questions unanswered and passed above the target. Be strategic. It will work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriella Dellino, PMP, Claudia Ceboleiro, Rafaela Rodrigues Martinho Nunes, Subhayu Ghosh

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20722

• Zarak Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Thiago,

Congrats for passing the exam. Just a quick clarification. The 240 minutes includes the 10 min break. And does that mean you can either review the first half or take the break.

thanks

Zarak

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20723

• Thiago França, PMP®
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Zarak

Thanks!

Yes, that 10 minute time is extra (not belonging to 240 minutes of test). It's true, because it took me a long time to click on the test return button (because I thought it would be automatic and would relax a little bit more) after finishing the 10 minute break. Then a timer was started with a text saying "that amount would be reduced from my available time".

Hope this clarify your question.

[email protected] 4 years 3 days ago #20724

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you, Thiago, for the encouragement and pointers. I am nervous, but I am practicing staying calm as well as my time management. I hope to be able to join you next Friday as someone who has passed! Stay safe and healthy!

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20725

• Zarak Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Thiago,

By the way how was the exam in terms of difficulty. Was it in line with the simulated exams?

thanks

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20726

• Thiago França, PMP®
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
HI Zarak,

I found the difficulty level just above the PM PrepCast simulations. But this simulator was the one that came closest to the exam. I recommend you do a lot of 4-hour PM PrepCast simulations.

I took 8 exams before scheduling my exam. In all of them I obtained results above 70%.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriella Dellino, PMP, Elena Mekhanoshina, Katja Krol

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 3 days ago #20727

• Zarak Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the replies. Sorry but one last quick question. Do you have to do the 90 questions in sequence or you can skip and as long as you do 90 questions in total you are ok. hanks

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 2 days ago #20734

• Thiago França, PMP®
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Zarak,

No problem. I am happy to help you and everybody here in this forum.

Regarding your question, exam will show you the 200 questions in sequence (1, then 2, then 3...). If you would like to flag the question, just click on the "flag button" and you may select one answer. But in order hand, if you would like to skip the question (because is too long or looks like to be very difficult) and keep is unaswered, then just click on the "next question" button. In the end of the first / second portion of the exam, you will be able to see all unaswered questions and also all flaged questions. Then you revise as you may need.

In summary: the PrepCast PMP simulator is very similar to the exam.

Please let me know if you need more information and hope this can help you to stay more calm and better prepared to perform the PMP exam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriella Dellino, PMP, Zarak Khan, Katja Krol

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 2 days ago #20736

• ARNALDO ANGELINI
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Thiago, could you please explain if any differences about PMP exam questions and PrepCast PMP simulator questions (longer words, more EV , Critical Path , calculations etc.) Thank you

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 2 days ago #20737

• Thiago França, PMP®
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Arnaldo,

In my opnion, my exam has similar questions to the PrepCast PMP simulator. But as you may know, each exam is different.

Topics that I had to answer in my exam: critical path, calculations of earned value, agile questions, etc. covering all PMBOK. I loved the exam. Questions very clear and with clarity. Tks PMI!

Regarding the size of questions, questions general has 2 lines (considering window spanning the entire screen), but some questions has more than 5 lines and other 1 line.

I noticed quite a few institutional issues of the type, given a situation in the project, what is the PM's next step? what is the best attitude of the PM?

My advise for you: make sure you are receiving PASS grades with your 4hrs PMP Exam test here in PrepCast. I did 8 exams with a pass grade. In the last one I got 93% correct answers. The point is not to memorize anything but to understand the logic and the methodology behind choosing the best question. Practice and sweat!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriella Dellino, PMP, ARNALDO ANGELINI, Elena Mekhanoshina
Last edit: by Thiago França, PMP®.

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 2 days ago #20740

• Zarak Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Thiago for all the tips.

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 2 days ago #20749

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi Thiago, congratulations on passing the PMP exam!
(I think my previous post got lost - hope it won't result in double posting...)

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience on the online proctored exam! I still have a couple of questions:
1) I've read that a mirror may be needed during the work-area scan, in case you have an integrated webcam.
Were you asked to use it for the inspection? I don't have an handy one, so I might use my smartphone instead.
2) Based on your experience, would any noise coming from other rooms or neighbors be a problem?

It's also reassuring to me that questions were clearly formulated! I tried to use simulators other than the PM PrepCast Exam Simulator
(which I love!) just to get used to different phrasing, and sometimes I had no clue what the question was asking, so I was a bit concerned
I might have a similar problem with the real exam. Hopefully, based on your experience, it won't be the case!
Hope to share my lessons learned with you all soon!
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eduardo Robles-Rosario

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 4 years 1 day ago #20763

• Haseef Ahmed
  • Haseef Ahmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Thiago,

I just appeared for my exam as well. At the end I received a message on the OneVUE window 'congratulations on earning PMP certification, you will receive further updates via email'. But no exam results, no certification updates either on my profile or email.

Did you face the same issue?

PMP: Online Proctored Exam 3 years 11 months ago #20772

• Wobbler1203
  • Wobbler1203's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi there,

I will also do my exam online. I had a preparation course a few weeks ago and I will do now the exam.

Regarding the pre Check:

I will use my normal PC, because I have noch admin rights on my work notebook and there ist a lot of securty settings on it.

I made the PreCheck with the software. Everything is ok but my Kaspersky Internet Security Suite goes nuts, after closing it it was ok.

Than after start the Exam Software complained about the ASUS Graphic Card Tool. After closing this everything is ok and the test was succesfull.

My questions now are:

I will use my Home PC with mouse and a keyboard. Also a USB Webcam. The PC stands under my Desk.

1. Is this OK?

2. Do I need a loudspeaker? Because this is not checked in the Pretest.

3. There is no mobile phone allowed but how can I contact the proctor in case of problems?

4. I will take my exam in a basement room, because it is silent and I can look it from inside :-) There is nothing in this room except a wardrobe and some power wiring. Would this be a problem? Have I time to fix anything in the room which my not be okay for the procter or will the exam be terminated? Any tipps to prepare the room?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login