fbpx

Reply: Question regarding experience for application

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Question regarding experience for application

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19479

Joe Pang

Hi Muhammad, no problem you can focus on the electrical aspect
4 years 3 months ago #19456

Muhammad Awais

Thanks for reply Joe.
One more question :
As I only handled the electrical aspect of the machine installation and commissioning, is that any problem for application. For mechanical and Construction there were other teams.
4 years 3 months ago #19455

Muhammad Awais

Thanks for reply Joe.
One more question :
As I only handled the electrical aspect of the machine installation and commissioning, is that any problem for application. For mechanical and Construction there were other teams.
4 years 3 months ago #19452

Joe Pang

Hi Muhammad,

The programming in your execution phase of your project looks like one of the work package, and performing tasks within a WP does not count towards PM experience.

This doesn't make you any less of a project manager though, as many PMs are very hands on. It only means that the programming task is not eligible on the PMP application.

Hope this helps,
Joe
4 years 3 months ago #19448

Muhammad Awais

Hi,
I have worked as project engineer for electrical department for last 4 years. I have managed as well as programmed the machines as well. I was involved in planning phase with the customer about required electrical equipment and required functions of machine to be programmed. My question is regarding execution phase. During execution I not only coordinated with electrical installation team about installation but the programming I have done myself. In pmp application if I write the programming experience in execution phase, will it be counted as valid execution experience?
Later in monitoring and controlling phase I lead my team on site for commissioning and testing of machine. In closing phase I conducted test production with customer and provided training to the operators.
Thanks for the reply in advance
Best regards
Awais

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login