fbpx

Reply: EAC Formulas and precedence within the Process Groups

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : EAC Formulas and precedence within the Process Groups

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 4 months ago #19203

Paolo Santinelli

Dear PM PrepCast Team,

I would like to ask you an additional clarification about two topics:

- EAC formulas
- Process Groups

Abtou the EAC formulas, I am comfortable about the formulas, I have no problems in remembering all of them but while practicing them I found out a certain level of uncertainty on the criteria to apply them.
Could be possible to have a clear criteria to use them. For example, does it make sense considering the CPI value as a criteria to select which formula to use. I mean:
- If CPI less than 1, EAC = BAC/CPI
- If CPI higher than 1, EAC= AC +(BAC-EV)
- If both CPI and SPI are lower than 1, EAC= AC + (BAC-EV)/(CPI*SPI)

About the Process Group, it is clear that exist a hierarchy between them: all the Initiating processes must be completed before moving to the Planning Group and so on. However, does exist a precedence within a specific Process Group? For example, in an easy case, the Initiating Group has two processes: Develop Charter and Identify Stakeholder. Based on my understanding, Develop Charter should be the first process, followed by Identify Stakeholder. However, in some questions' answers I found out that Identify Stakeholder ( and therefore the Stakeholder Register) could be ready before the Charter is developed. The same comment applies to the other Process Group.

Thank you for your help.
Regards
Paolo

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login