fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: EAC Formulas and precedence within the Process Groups

EAC Formulas and precedence within the Process Groups 4 years 4 months ago #19203

• Paolo Santinelli
  • Paolo Santinelli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear PM PrepCast Team,

I would like to ask you an additional clarification about two topics:

- EAC formulas
- Process Groups

Abtou the EAC formulas, I am comfortable about the formulas, I have no problems in remembering all of them but while practicing them I found out a certain level of uncertainty on the criteria to apply them.
Could be possible to have a clear criteria to use them. For example, does it make sense considering the CPI value as a criteria to select which formula to use. I mean:
- If CPI less than 1, EAC = BAC/CPI
- If CPI higher than 1, EAC= AC +(BAC-EV)
- If both CPI and SPI are lower than 1, EAC= AC + (BAC-EV)/(CPI*SPI)

About the Process Group, it is clear that exist a hierarchy between them: all the Initiating processes must be completed before moving to the Planning Group and so on. However, does exist a precedence within a specific Process Group? For example, in an easy case, the Initiating Group has two processes: Develop Charter and Identify Stakeholder. Based on my understanding, Develop Charter should be the first process, followed by Identify Stakeholder. However, in some questions' answers I found out that Identify Stakeholder ( and therefore the Stakeholder Register) could be ready before the Charter is developed. The same comment applies to the other Process Group.

Thank you for your help.
Regards
Paolo
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login