fbpx

Reply: How to deal with tricky questions

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How to deal with tricky questions

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #18926

Joe Pang

Hello Alex,

Totally understand what you are going through right now, and I think most people who used Prepcast and passed the exam could relate.

Quite the contrary, I don't think the PMP exam includes many trick questions at all. The exam, however, requires you to know your study materials well in a timely manner. What you are reading an exam question, you have to know what role you are in, knowledge area(s) that you have to apply, and the tool/technique/process that follows. Once you master that, you will notice it takes less and less time to answer a question.

My advise is, keep practicing on the exam simulator, review the study materials, and read up on some of the lessons learned. You will notice your progress very shortly.
4 years 5 months ago #18904

Alex Reyes

Reviewing the questions that I have gotten wrong after taking the Prepcast mock exams (and other simulators for that matter), I realized that I have been second guessing myself with the answers. Constantly throughout the exercise, I'm thinking, "The answer couldn't be this easy. Obviously there's more to this question". So I waste time dissecting every word of the question picking out the tricky wording, which then runs down the clock, resulting in a rushed exam experience. Sure enough after checking the answer, I was right the first time. This has happened in several instances. With an extremely high failure rate (or so I've read), I don't think PMI will let their flagship exam to be conquered that easily, despite a large number of aspirants that have passed.

On the actual exam and mock tests, how does everyone deal with this and prevent the second guessing?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login