fbpx

Reply: PMBOK Part II: The Standard for Project Management - is it necessary?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMBOK Part II: The Standard for Project Management - is it necessary?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 6 months ago #18541

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thank you!
4 years 6 months ago #18540

Cornelius Fichtner

Until July 1, 2020: Expect to see about 0-3 question on agile topics on your PMP exam. A quick review of the basics on agile is recommended.

After July 1, 2020: 50% of the questions on the PMP exam will be on agile. You MUST study The Agile Practice Guide in-depth.
4 years 6 months ago #18539

Gabriel Popa

How about the Agile side book that comes with the PMBOK Guide 6th edition? Is that a necessary read for the PMP exam?
4 years 6 months ago #18537

Cornelius Fichtner

Gabriel,

Focus on Part I of the guide for your exam prep. You can skip Part II.
4 years 6 months ago #18536

Gabriel Popa

Is the PMBOK Guide Part II -- The Standard for Project Management -- necessary to read for the PMP exam? At a glance, it seems to have the same information, structured by process groups rather than by knowledge areas. But it is only about 100 pages compared to the 500+ of Part I. It seems that it would be good to read as a review of material, but I am afraid that it omits a lot of info from Part I that I should know, and may lead me to overlook that information when reviewing for the exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login