Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMBOK Part II: The Standard for Project Management - is it necessary?

PMBOK Part II: The Standard for Project Management - is it necessary? 2 months 3 weeks ago #18536

• Gabriel Popa
  • Gabriel Popa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Is the PMBOK Guide Part II -- The Standard for Project Management -- necessary to read for the PMP exam? At a glance, it seems to have the same information, structured by process groups rather than by knowledge areas. But it is only about 100 pages compared to the 500+ of Part I. It seems that it would be good to read as a review of material, but I am afraid that it omits a lot of info from Part I that I should know, and may lead me to overlook that information when reviewing for the exam.

PMBOK Part II: The Standard for Project Management - is it necessary? 2 months 3 weeks ago #18537

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 294
Gabriel,

Focus on Part I of the guide for your exam prep. You can skip Part II.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriel Popa

PMBOK Part II: The Standard for Project Management - is it necessary? 2 months 3 weeks ago #18539

• Gabriel Popa
  • Gabriel Popa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
How about the Agile side book that comes with the PMBOK Guide 6th edition? Is that a necessary read for the PMP exam?

PMBOK Part II: The Standard for Project Management - is it necessary? 2 months 3 weeks ago #18540

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 294
Until July 1, 2020: Expect to see about 0-3 question on agile topics on your PMP exam. A quick review of the basics on agile is recommended.

After July 1, 2020: 50% of the questions on the PMP exam will be on agile. You MUST study The Agile Practice Guide in-depth.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarig Elamin

PMBOK Part II: The Standard for Project Management - is it necessary? 2 months 3 weeks ago #18541

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily RiveraLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani Selvan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on December 21/22 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...