Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Application - project descriptions

Application - project descriptions 2 weeks 4 days ago #18413

• Michelle Navarro
  • Michelle  Navarro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have finally written up my project descriptions for my application. I have been putting this off!

I work part-time and work on many small projects, and I don't want to have 25 projects listed on my application. I added all projects since 2012 to Cornelius' spreadsheet and picked two of the biggest and a few of the most recent. I now have my 4,500 hours with only 6 project.

But I'm afraid my write-ups sound odd. They use PMP terms, which doesn't really sound like English to me. It's not how I would describe my hours of work to a friend -- is this really what PMI wants? I'm basing this off suggestions I read online. I would love feedback before I submit these - I want my application to be approved because I really have done a lot of PM work over the past 20 years and I really want to obtain my PMP.

Also, these aren't all down to 500 characters yet, as I'm not sure what to cut out and what to keep.

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: by Michelle Navarro.

Application - project descriptions 2 weeks 20 hours ago #18439

• James Keuning
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Those look exactly as I would expect them. In terms of cutting the character count, just eliminate from certain projects work that you are claiming on other projects.

I submitted an application with descriptions that I would use with a friend and got rejected. I rewrote it like yours and got approved.
Last edit: by James Keuning.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily RiveraMani Selvan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on September 21/22 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...