fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Flagged questions on PMP exam

Flagged questions on PMP exam 4 years 7 months ago #18360

• Archana
  • Archana 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

Does PMI consider Flagged questions on the PMP exam into consideration when we submit at the end of the exam?
Just want to check as we are taking in Pearson.

Please advice.

Regards,
Archana

Flagged questions on PMP exam 4 years 7 months ago #18364

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Archana,

"Flagged" (also called "Marked") questions do NOT affect your score in any way at all. It is simply a tool that allows you to easily return to those questions where you want to take a second look.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Flagged questions on PMP exam 4 years 7 months ago #18469

• Chaudhry Hamza Nasir
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I just took my exam today and i was running out of time so decide to quickly review and de-mark flagged question and go to exit the exam . The computer gave a notification if i wanted to exit the flagged question page i said yes , it asked me for a second time (but i did not fully read it )and clicked yes , the a final notification came in succession to end the exam and I clicked yes . I failed the exam . I was surprised because I found all the question to be easy
There were lots of remaining flagged question, and I also though maybe that could be a reason . I guess I should give some more money to PMP and take it again

Flagged questions on PMP exam 4 years 7 months ago #18470

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Did you check with the exam center ?

Flagged questions on PMP exam 4 years 7 months ago #18473

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
All,

Allow me to repeat my statement from earlier:

"Flagged" (also called "Marked") questions do NOT affect your score in any way at all. It is simply a tool that allows you to easily return to those questions where you want to take a second look.

However, since nobody seems to believe what I say, I have gone ahead and I have contacted PMI Certifications and asked them for an official statement in this matter. I will publish this here once I receive it.
Until Next Time,

Flagged questions on PMP exam 4 years 7 months ago #18475

• Archana
  • Archana 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Chaudry,
Last week took the PMP exam. I can definitely say that "Flagged questions do not affect your score all ".
I have flagged at least 150 questions in the exam and passed. Flagging is just for your review.
Arch
Last edit: by Archana .

Flagged questions on PMP exam 4 years 7 months ago #18476

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
THANK YOU ARCHANA!

I've been saying this all along but somehow this "myth" keeps sticking around.

I feel like I'm talking to a group of flat earthers here... :silly:
Until Next Time,

Flagged questions on PMP exam 4 years 6 months ago #18568

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Here is the official statement from PMI in this matter. It was provided by Sierra Hampton-Simmons who is the Portfolio Lead / Head of Certifications at PMI. She has the overall responsibility for all of PMI's certifications:

Hi Cornelius. I can confirm that marking a question does not in any way interact with the scoring engine. If an item is marked it is only, as you mentioned, to enable a candidate to return to it later and review it. If an item is marked and then left unmarked it will still get scored. Scoring will run regardless of an item being marked. The scoring engine doesn't skip any of the items.

And that answers it once and for all.
Until Next Time,
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

Flagged questions on PMP exam 3 years 4 months ago #25142

• BElle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I flagged a few questions because time limitations on the test, but while reviewing at the end and time ran out, there were two questions that I didn't read and answered yes to. I wonder if I accidentally unflagged and it counted against my score? Anyone have insights to this and can share or advise?

Flagged questions on PMP exam 3 years 4 months ago #25143

• Belle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This happened to me too! Would really like to get some insights to this.

Flagged questions on PMP exam 3 years 3 months ago #25609

• Godwin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This happened to me yesterday. Flagged questions popped out and I didn't bother reviewing it. I didn't know what it means, so I ended the review. I clicked the answer to the last question, alas, l failed the exam. This is an I had spent two years to prepare for. The questions were easy as l had come across several of them in my practice lessons.
What is the flag question all about. What is the meaning of it. Cornelius statement about flag question is not satisfactory, if I must say.
I want explicit understanding of flag question and how one can go about it before throwing another money to write another exam.

Flagged questions on PMP exam 3 years 3 months ago #25624

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
PMI has already provided an answer to this, as posted above. Flagged questions do not affect your final score.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Flagged questions on PMP exam 3 years 3 months ago #25652

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Could it be that the questions were flagged because the answer boxes in the exam were not ticked. Or perhaps, the box was ticked but it went unmarked by itself after all.
During the paper based exam, there was nothing like flag question popping out. It's kind of confusing, you know.

Flagged questions on PMP exam 3 years 3 months ago #25694

• Simon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
You determine which questions you wish to flag.
On actual exam, after you flag a question, you will have a screen after Q240, it will ask you if you want to end the exam, review all questions or review flagged questions.
Normally, you flag questions that you are unsure of, or take too much time, remember no more than 2 mins.
The purpose of it, is to save your time and organize yourself. It will be affect any other things in Exam, definitely not score.
For myself, I reviewed all question during first part of exam. I find it too tiring, so I only reviewed flagged questions for second part.
It is same concept for your email when you flagged an email.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elizabeth Harrin
Last edit: by Simon.

Flagged questions on PMP exam 3 years 3 months ago #25877

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok. Thanks Simon. The mistake I made was that I didn't review any question. I didn't review the flagged questions either. When next I rewrite it, I think I will just review all questions, at least to be on safe side. What do you think?

Flagged questions on PMP exam 4 months 17 hours ago #31077

• ks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
same thing happend with me...my exam was well and i left behind more then 100 flag and fail the exam

Flagged questions on PMP exam 4 months 14 hours ago #31078

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
KS,

If you left behind and didn't answer some 100 question, then I would not expect to pass the exam.

From a person who has taken a few professional certification exams in the past: When you mark a question to go back to it, make sure that you answer. Even a guess has a 25% chance of being correct. Never leave a question unanswered.

My strategy is that if I flag or mark a question, I put in my best answer and then come back to it, just in case time runs out and I don't get a chance to review.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login