fbpx

Reply: Process to highlight and strikethrough

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Process to highlight and strikethrough

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 month ago #20049

S K

I recently took the exam in September 2019, and brain dump was not allowed during the tutorial. The invigilator gave me a dry erase marker and a small board as soon as she clicked "Start Exam" . This is also new and annoying as I was expecting a piece of paper and a pencil. When I kept the dry erase marker open for a while, it kept getting dry. So I had to remember to close the cap every time I wrote something on the slate board.
4 years 7 months ago #18329

Cornelius Fichtner

Anshul,

Brain dumps ARE allowed. That has never changed. PMI just doesn't want you to do it DURING the tutorial any longer. Here is an article about the official rule by PMI.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...-pmp-exam-brain-dump

However, we are currently getting conflicting feedback as to how and when you are allowed to do your brain dump. Some were allowed to do it during the tutorial. Some not. Still gathering data...
4 years 7 months ago #18328

Anshul Agrawal

Thank you, Cornelius. Quick follow up question - I was under the impression that brain dumps are no longer allowed during the tutorial. However, one of the lessons learned in the document you shared was that the exam taker was able to use the tutorial time for the brain dump. Were you able to confirm this with other students as well?
Thanks,
Anshul
4 years 7 months ago #18325

Cornelius Fichtner

Anshul,

PMI has a new exam vendor (Pearson VUE) and their exam engine does NOT support highlight and strikethrough. So the answer to your question is: No matter how you click on the real exam there will be no highlight or strikethrough.

Please see this document here where we've gathered student feedback: docs.google.com/document/d/1WHE55FlMY0MY...IhA/edit?usp=sharing
4 years 7 months ago #18324

Anshul Agrawal

Hello All,
I have tried several mock exams and each exam source has a different way of highlighting and strikethrough. Does anyone know how these two actually work in the real exam (i.e., right-click to strikethrough and select to highlight, etc.)?
Thanks,
Anshul

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login