fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Whiteboard / Dry erase board size

Whiteboard / Dry erase board size 4 years 8 months ago #18308

• Anshul Agrawal
  • Anshul Agrawal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello All,
I was wondering if anyone knew what is the size of the white/dry erase board that is given during the PMP exam? I called my exam center and they said they will give one board that I can exchange if I need a new one. However, the person did not know the size of the board. I am preparing my brain dump and it would be helpful to know how much space I have.
Any insight into this would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Anshul

Whiteboard / Dry erase board size 4 years 8 months ago #18312

• shailaja vodapalli
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, I took my exam in NJ, USA. I was given a legal paper size 3 page dry erase book. It was very handy and was useful. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Whiteboard / Dry erase board size 4 years 8 months ago #18323

• Anshul Agrawal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks!

Whiteboard / Dry erase board size 4 years 8 months ago #18331

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Anshul,

Don't forget to "expect the unexpected" during your own exam. By this I mean that anything might happen. For example, what if they are going to give you a whiteboard the size of a postage stamp?

So be prepared that everything you expect for your exam will be wrong and that you are going to have to deal with totally unexpected situations. Be prepared to breathe in... breathe out... and then focus on what is truly important at that very moment: Passing your exam. Nothing else matters. The size of the board compared to what you expected should not become a problem that throws you off your tracks and makes you fail your exam.

So expect the unexpected.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Whiteboard / Dry erase board size 4 years 8 months ago #18335

• Anshul Agrawal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Great advice! Thank you.

Whiteboard / Dry erase board size 3 years 11 months ago #20859

• Kent Reynolds
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Is this thread talking about the in-person exam? The whiteboard for the online exam is provided as an on screen app. I’m not sure how functional it is. No one wants to wrestle with an app in the middle of a PMP exam.

Whiteboard / Dry erase board size 3 years 11 months ago #20861

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Kent

Based on the date of the thread, yes.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

Whiteboard / Dry erase board size 3 years 11 months ago #20866

• Thu Nga Pham
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Kent,
From my exam experience, it is similar to the Windows Paint App.

Basic features include typing, handwriting, drawing, highlighting. You can zoom out / in to a certain scale (3x if I not wrong). Please note that the earser is very small - will take you more time to delete any specific text. Alternatively, you can clear the whole page with the Clear Function.

The note can be moved around, minimised and rescaled to the size you want. I put notes at the end of my screen so it didnt obstruct my views.

Hope it helps!
Pham
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login