fbpx

Reply: Passed Exam on First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Exam on First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 8 months ago #18155

Abdul Muqeet

's Avatar

Hello everyone,
I am really glad to share that i passed my PMP exam on first attempt.

Initiating: AT
Planning: T
Executing: T
M&C: AT
Closing: AT

Resources used:
- Rita (Especially Process chart game is very helpful)
- PMP Exam prep seminar Joseph Philips
- Edward-Designer
- PMBOK 6th Ed (didn't read it full though)
- Rita Fast Track Exams
- Oliver F. Lehman Questions
- Many other free online Q&A

Prep time:
1.5 months (on avg. 2-3 hours per day)
Last 2 weeks just did mock tests that include 6 full 200 Questions mock tests.
Analyzed my mistakes in them and tried to understand the concepts.

Preparation:
The journey started around Feb 2018 when my organization offered some classes on PMP. I joined the classes but didn't understand the concepts very well.
In July 2018, i challenged my self for this test and registered with PMI in August 2018. My plan was to give this test in a month and so.
I thought this exam would be just like many others which i had passed by going through questions bank.
When i started looking for questions bank, i came to know that PMP is not like other exams and we have to properly understand the concepts in order to pass.
When i was 80% done with the preparation, my colleague left the organization and i was asked to cover his gap.
Because of that workload, i couldn't continue my PMP studies and when just 1.5 months left for 1 year time limit, i booked the test.
I had to start my prep again, because i had mostly forgot the concepts that i learnt last year. I went through Rita's 9th Edition, went through a seminar by Joseph Philips only of the chapters which i didn't understand properly.
I would suggest to go through the Rita's Process chart game, this will be very helpful.
Last 2 weeks just did mock questions. In total i did around 2000+ mock questions that include 6 full 200 questions mock tests. I was on avg. scoring around 70% in the tests. After the mock tests i would just go through my mistakes and made a small document of my mistakes.

Exam:
One day before exam i couldn't prepare because of family issues. On Exam day, i just studied 1.5 hours before the exams and i studied only those concepts where my performance was lacking. I went through my mistakes document and my exam notes. I was very nervous, when i appeared for the test. I wrote down my dumps in the start of exam, took 3 small breaks during the exam and finished 15 mins earlier. Reviewed my questions in those 15 mins (was not able to review all the marked questions in those 15 mins).

I would suggest try to understand the difference between processes, this will surely help.

Best Regards,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login