Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed Exam on First Attempt

Passed Exam on First Attempt 4 months 6 days ago #18155

• Abdul Muqeet
  • Abdul Muqeet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello everyone,
I am really glad to share that i passed my PMP exam on first attempt.

Initiating: AT
Planning: T
Executing: T
M&C: AT
Closing: AT

Resources used:
- Rita (Especially Process chart game is very helpful)
- PMP Exam prep seminar Joseph Philips
- Edward-Designer
- PMBOK 6th Ed (didn't read it full though)
- Rita Fast Track Exams
- Oliver F. Lehman Questions
- Many other free online Q&A

Prep time:
1.5 months (on avg. 2-3 hours per day)
Last 2 weeks just did mock tests that include 6 full 200 Questions mock tests.
Analyzed my mistakes in them and tried to understand the concepts.

Preparation:
The journey started around Feb 2018 when my organization offered some classes on PMP. I joined the classes but didn't understand the concepts very well.
In July 2018, i challenged my self for this test and registered with PMI in August 2018. My plan was to give this test in a month and so.
I thought this exam would be just like many others which i had passed by going through questions bank.
When i started looking for questions bank, i came to know that PMP is not like other exams and we have to properly understand the concepts in order to pass.
When i was 80% done with the preparation, my colleague left the organization and i was asked to cover his gap.
Because of that workload, i couldn't continue my PMP studies and when just 1.5 months left for 1 year time limit, i booked the test.
I had to start my prep again, because i had mostly forgot the concepts that i learnt last year. I went through Rita's 9th Edition, went through a seminar by Joseph Philips only of the chapters which i didn't understand properly.
I would suggest to go through the Rita's Process chart game, this will be very helpful.
Last 2 weeks just did mock questions. In total i did around 2000+ mock questions that include 6 full 200 questions mock tests. I was on avg. scoring around 70% in the tests. After the mock tests i would just go through my mistakes and made a small document of my mistakes.

Exam:
One day before exam i couldn't prepare because of family issues. On Exam day, i just studied 1.5 hours before the exams and i studied only those concepts where my performance was lacking. I went through my mistakes document and my exam notes. I was very nervous, when i appeared for the test. I wrote down my dumps in the start of exam, took 3 small breaks during the exam and finished 15 mins earlier. Reviewed my questions in those 15 mins (was not able to review all the marked questions in those 15 mins).

I would suggest try to understand the difference between processes, this will surely help.

Best Regards,
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily RiveraLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani Selvan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on December 21/22 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...