fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Why Approved Change Request is input to the Control Quality?

Why Approved Change Request is input to the Control Quality? 4 years 8 months ago #17870

• Aarati Sonkusare
  • Aarati  Sonkusare's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am trying to understand why Approved Change Request is an input to the Control Quality and not to the Direct and Manage Project work. As I understand change requests are first approved by CCB anf then they are implemented.

Why Approved Change Request is input to the Control Quality? 4 years 8 months ago #17876

• Donald Terry
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Aarati,

Actually, approved change requests are an input to the Direct and Manage Project Work process (page 93 of the PMBOK® Guide).

As far as approved change requests as an input to the Control Quality process, there is a good description on page 301 of the PMBOK® Guide. As an example, let's say that a project deliverable was found to be defective, and a change request was submitted to repair the defect. Once approved, the approved change request might be used as an input to the Control Quality process to ensure the defect repair was performed in conformance with quality standards and the repaired deliverable passes any applicable quality control testing.
Donald Terry, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP

Full disclosure: I work for OSP International as an independent contractor
Last edit: by Donald Terry.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login