fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Do you feel the Exam Simulators are accurate to the real PMP test?

Do you feel the Exam Simulators are accurate to the real PMP test? 4 years 9 months ago #17750

• Candice Elnashar
  • Candice Elnashar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
For those of you who have taken the actual PMP exam, do you feel that the Exam Simulator has accurate questions and is adequate in preparing for the exam? I am taking my PMP exam in a week and received 74% on the first Exam Simulator test and have 7 others to take. Before investing a significant amount of time in taking the remaining 7 exams, I want to ensure that I am using my time in the most productive and efficient manner.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Do you feel the Exam Simulators are accurate to the real PMP test? 4 years 9 months ago #17753

• Jairo Fritsch
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Not all the exam simulators are accurate for the real PMP test. However, i followed some websites for exam simulators. Have a look here -
  • EduHubSpot
    Simplilearn
    Oliver Lehmann
    PMStudy
    PMaspire
    PMTraining

Do you feel the Exam Simulators are accurate to the real PMP test? 4 years 9 months ago #17755

• Donald Terry
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Candice,

Full disclosure, I was one of developers for the current version of the Exam Simulator content, so I wrote many of the questions. In my very biased opinion, the Exam Simulator is about as close as you are going to get to the real exam. I would encourage you to review some of the posts on the PMP Exam Lessons Learned section of the forum. There you will find many unbiased comments regarding the Exam Simulator provided by students that have recently taken the PMP exam. Some of the comments suggest the Exam Simulator might be a little more difficult than the actual exam. I'm not sure the Exam Simulator is more difficult, but we do want to error on the side of being more difficult, so you will not be unprepared when sitting the for real exam.

Here is the most recent relevant post I could find from the Lessons Learned section regarding the Exam Simulator. You will find many more similar comments.

I must confess, the Prepcast simulation is tougher than the real exam however, the Prepcast simulation is invaluable because it makes you mentally alert. I felt i was doing another Prepcast simulation in the exam hall. I am so thankful to God.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...mp-exam-passed#17685
Donald Terry, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP

Full disclosure: I work for OSP International as an independent contractor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Singleton
Last edit: by Donald Terry.

Do you feel the Exam Simulators are accurate to the real PMP test? 4 years 9 months ago #17756

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
The exam simulator here is the closest thing to the actual exam that I have seen. I went through all the exams here, and was able to pass my PMP exam with an AT score on the first attempt.

Do you feel the Exam Simulators are accurate to the real PMP test? 4 years 9 months ago #17758

• Candice Elnashar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you, Donald! That's great information. I will dig more into the Lessons Learned forum to gain additional insight.

Do you feel the Exam Simulators are accurate to the real PMP test? 4 years 9 months ago #17814

• Candice Elnashar
  • Candice Elnashar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I took the PMP exam yesterday and passed! Although I did think the real test was more difficult than the Exam Simulator exams, however I truly think I couldn't have passed as high as I did without taking the exams in the Exam Simulator. Just wanted to pass along the feedback!

Do you feel the Exam Simulators are accurate to the real PMP test? 4 years 9 months ago #17817

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 98
Congratulations Candice on passing the exam!
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

Do you feel the Exam Simulators are accurate to the real PMP test? 4 years 9 months ago #17818

• Donald Terry
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 10
Congratulations on passing your PMP exam! Great to hear that the Exam Simulator was helpful.
Donald Terry, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP

Full disclosure: I work for OSP International as an independent contractor
Last edit: by Donald Terry.

Do you feel the Exam Simulators are accurate to the real PMP test? 4 years 9 months ago #17821

• hossam
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
here is my 2 cents:
I tried PrepCast, PM training, Lehman 300 questions, and Rita Fast-track. The Actual exam, I passed on 23th June last sunday :), was different than any simulator, However, this should not be your concern. All the well-known simulators :
1- Measure your overall understanding.
2- The answers explanations train you on how to think in the situational question, this is especially true in Rita's FastTrack
3-Test your knowledge in the ITTOs
4- Helps you in managing your exam time
5- help you practice the mathematical questions.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login