fbpx

Reply: Definition of reverse shadowing

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Definition of reverse shadowing

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18223

Anonymous

's Avatar

Same exactly happened to me. I got the answer wrong!
4 years 9 months ago #17736

Ashvini K. Chhabra

Thanks Joe. I had also browsed knowledgemaverick & wikipedia for the reverse shadowing/mentoring definition. Around 4 to 5 months ago, I came across 1 question where a junior employee being observed by senior employee aabout how to how to carry out the tasks. I chose the answer as on job training based on what I read in knowledgemaverick & wikipedia. I got the answer wrong. The correct answer mentioned was reverse shadowing which didn't match with what I read in knowledgemaverick & wikipedia .

I also thank you for sharing the article of GE which is posted on PMI site in this context.
4 years 9 months ago #17730

Joe Pang

Hi Ashvini,

Gotcha, I think I will go with the definition by knowledgemaverick and wikipedia, because it is the definition PMI agrees on:

The idea of “reverse mentoring” has been talked about since the late 1990s by GE CEO Jack Welch, when
he asked GE executives to pair with people below them to learn how to use the Internet. The younger
generation brings knowledge and comfort with technology, having been exposed to various digital aspects
since birth. This generation is entering the workplace with a better grasp of a key business tool than more
senior workers.

PMI article

Hope this helps,
Joe
4 years 9 months ago #17726

Ashvini K. Chhabra

Hi Joe,
Reverse shadowing is mentioned on page 103 of PMBOK 6
4 years 9 months ago #17722

Joe Pang

Hi Ashvini, I tried to look the term up in PMBOK 6 but couldn't find it, can you let me know which page I can find it?
4 years 9 months ago #17663

Ashvini K. Chhabra

In the Integration management chapter of PMBOK 6, reverse shadowing term is mentioned under manage project knowledge but it is not defined . I searched on google . I found that on URL like knowledgemaverick.com , it is mentioned that when a junior employee trains the senior employees about the new trends or the systems. In wikipedia, it is mentioned as reverse mentoring & its definition almost matches. However, I was informed that reverse shadowing means when junior employee is watched & guided by senior employee while carrying out the tasks which is opposite of work shadowing. Please share your inputs.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login