fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP on Second Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP on Second Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 9 months ago #17635

Jerry Mathews

yes , BT/T/T/AT/T=PASS.
4 years 9 months ago #17634

Jerry Mathews

I believe, last time when i wrote the exam, probably the concepts were not fully understood by me.
I did not practice mocks at length, only the free ones available. Hence i panicked, as the questions was very different from the free mocks i practiced. This limited me in attempting all 200 questions fairly,
as towards the end i had more than 50 questions and only 25 mins.
For the second attempt,
I read another book, "Achieve PMP Exam Success_ A Concise Study Guide for the Busy Project Manager 6th Edition", by Diane Altwies (Author), Diane White (Author), as the PMBOK gets boring
beyond a point. All in all i studied for over an year, on and off. And 45 days before the exam i purchased the PM exam Simulator. I was averaging only a 68% in mocks overall, the maximum was a 73, I clocked in 4 hrs of study almost daily, and more towards the final 10 days. On a webinar on the 9th of May, i asked if i am ready, and Stan said "Yes". A week later i passed the exam!.
4 years 9 months ago #17622

Somak

's Avatar

Congratulations Jerry. I'll be writing mine in next month July. Just curious you had a BT - Below Target for Initiating? I believe I read in one of the questions in this forum that BT doesn't qualify you for a PASS. Nevertheless, I am happy for you, Congratulations again!!
4 years 9 months ago #17620

Amy Martinez

Congratulations Jerry! What did you differently between the failed exam and your re-take? Any pointers to share with those currently preparing to take the exam?
4 years 9 months ago #17617

Jerry Mathews

I had taken the PMP exam, last March Based on PMBOK5.
Had practiced for over 2 months. Failed the exam.
I took the exam again last month, and the result; PASS, BT/T/T/AT/T.
Thanks to Cornelius for the PM simulator, which i felt was as close to the real exam. .

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login