Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed the PMP on Second Attempt

Passed the PMP on Second Attempt 2 weeks 6 days ago #17617

• Jerry Mathews
  • Jerry Mathews's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I had taken the PMP exam, last March Based on PMBOK5.
Had practiced for over 2 months. Failed the exam.
I took the exam again last month, and the result; PASS, BT/T/T/AT/T.
Thanks to Cornelius for the PM simulator, which i felt was as close to the real exam. .
Last edit: by Jerry Mathews.

Passed the PMP on Second Attempt 2 weeks 5 days ago #17620

• Amy Martinez
  • Thank you received: 3
Congratulations Jerry! What did you differently between the failed exam and your re-take? Any pointers to share with those currently preparing to take the exam?

Passed the PMP on Second Attempt 2 weeks 5 days ago #17622

• Somak
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations Jerry. I'll be writing mine in next month July. Just curious you had a BT - Below Target for Initiating? I believe I read in one of the questions in this forum that BT doesn't qualify you for a PASS. Nevertheless, I am happy for you, Congratulations again!!

Passed the PMP on Second Attempt 2 weeks 4 days ago #17634

• Jerry Mathews
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I believe, last time when i wrote the exam, probably the concepts were not fully understood by me.
I did not practice mocks at length, only the free ones available. Hence i panicked, as the questions was very different from the free mocks i practiced. This limited me in attempting all 200 questions fairly,
as towards the end i had more than 50 questions and only 25 mins.
For the second attempt,
I read another book, "Achieve PMP Exam Success_ A Concise Study Guide for the Busy Project Manager 6th Edition", by Diane Altwies (Author), Diane White (Author), as the PMBOK gets boring
beyond a point. All in all i studied for over an year, on and off. And 45 days before the exam i purchased the PM exam Simulator. I was averaging only a 68% in mocks overall, the maximum was a 73, I clocked in 4 hrs of study almost daily, and more towards the final 10 days. On a webinar on the 9th of May, i asked if i am ready, and Stan said "Yes". A week later i passed the exam!.

Passed the PMP on Second Attempt 2 weeks 4 days ago #17635

• Jerry Mathews
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
yes , BT/T/T/AT/T=PASS.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
21-Jun-2019: Free PMP Exam Coaching Webinar with Dan Ryan Register Now...