fbpx

Reply: Lessons Learned in Multi-Phase projects

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lessons Learned in Multi-Phase projects

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #18841

Eric Hu

Not sure if you have got answer, I came across this info PMBOK page 104(Manage Project Knowledge, the last sentence of 4.4.3.1):
"At the end of project or PHASE, the information is transferred to an organizational process asset called a lessons learned repository"
This means at least you can find phase one lessons learned in lessons learned REPOSITORY(part of OPA)
4 years 5 months ago #18630

Kalpesh Patil

Page no. 709 - lesson learned repository is a store of historical information about lesson learned in project.
Its about only project, not clear about phase.
Now I am in second phase and I need to check lesson learnt in first phase of multi-phase project then where I have to review.
1- Lesson learned register of first phase ?
1- Lesson learned repository of first phase ?
4 years 5 months ago #18629

Cornelius Fichtner

Kalpesh,

Please turn to the PMBOK Guide 6th edition page 709 and review the definition of Lessons Learned Register and Repository.

Now that you have reviewed this... what would YOU say is the answer?
4 years 5 months ago #18628

Kalpesh Patil

Dear Cornelis and PMP Experts,
first phase is completed and project is now in second phase.
If I need to check lesson learnt in first phase then where I have to review
1- Lesson learned register of first phase ?
1- Lesson learned repository of first phase ?

I always have confusion for multi-phase project that..... after first phase completion is there lesson learned register or Lesson learned repository.

Please let me know your view.
Thanks.
4 years 10 months ago #17428

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

First you transferred to a Lesson Learned Register and when it is finalized, you transferred to Lessons Learned Repository at the end of each phase.
4 years 10 months ago #17400

Ben Chalfie

Are lessons learned transferred to the lessons learned repository at the end of each phase?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login