fbpx

Reply: Audit vs Inspection

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Audit vs Inspection

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25322

pdeverak

Generally, audits are for processes while inspections are for products.
To make things confusing, PMBOK does say that another word for inspection can be audit. But I've found that using the above rule has helped me answer most questions that refer to both.
4 years 11 months ago #17159

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

Inspections are usually performed by the contractor or together with you (e.g., a walk through process on how their materials are manufactured). During contractor's inspection of the material, the contractor finds that the material is out of scope, he will submit a change request and carry out the corrective actions to ensure that the materials are per your requirement.

In this context, as a customer you would audit the procurement process, e.g., whether the corrective actions are implemented.
4 years 11 months ago #17133

Jorge Covarrubias

In the context of the following question,

If you are executing the control procurement process if there is an issue with a delivery of material which is the responsibility of your supplier, what tools can determine if corrective actions are needed?
Inspections or Audits?

I think both may be correct, but the answer key prefers the latter. Not sure why. Can someone weigh in, please?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login